Default Speedo calibration

Recently purchased an '03 Outback LSV and have some questions on calibrating the speedos. It has a 320 HP engine and single paddlewheel pickup on the bottom of the hull. I've heard that at approx. 3000 RPM you should be doing roughly 30 MPH, but I don't know if that's accurate or not. I tried to get fancy and calibrate it using my friends handheld GPS, but my 4 year old son dontated it to the catfish on the bottom of Lake Casitas before I got it done. Live and learn! Bryan Raymond, or anybody, have any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    Cola - '03 Outback LSV

Cola,
    I believe this post has come up before. If I remember correctly, the new preffered setting is 32 mph @ 3600rpm. I believe that was with a standard 4 blade prop. I got my Outback LS within 1 - 1.5 mph using this method (verified using a GPS). Hope your buddy was understanding when you explained that the fish were really hungry.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

Default Speedo....

I know that on the older boats, such as mine...It is the same as far as the RPM and speed (3600 rpm / 36 mph, 3200 rpm / 32 mph, once your over about 20 mph). Mine was right on when verified with GPS. But I am running a 3 blade 13x13 prop, w/ a 1:1 ratio velvet drive tranny...
    88 Supra Bravura

On a V Drive 3800 rpm equals 36 mph. On a direct drive 3000 rpm equals 30 mph.

Default how do you like your lsv

hey Cola..how you like your LSV?.. what color did you end up getting?..red like your last?... this is the fireman from nor cal that called you on your mobius... I ended up with a viper blue 02 LSV with 50 hrs..tubbie speakers, billet wakeboard racks and billet halogen lights, complete with sub and alpine amp from a nice guy in AZ that needed to sell.. definitely a cherry boat..glad i went with the "v drive" it had tons of room...the only options i wish it had were factory hippo ballast (it has 2 fat sacs with pump) and a 330 hp MPI.. i got the 320 EFI so i am pretty satisfied... looking into the wake plate for next season... i think the wake would be both smaller when i want it to..and bigger when i want big... gotta save my pennies... guys told me it would be about a $800 intalled if i got the plate on the ski limited page for $300...having any issues with your 03?... so far so good with mine?.. occasionally smells a little hot when going WOT for some distance. does yours?.. the temp gauge is well within range...and there are no leaks.. just wondering if its just a "new boat smell"... i just noticed it...
    anyways.. i have my speedo calibrated at 36mph @3800 rpm..with gps on smooth delta water with 2 people in the boat.
    2002 MOBIUS LSV

Congrats on your new boat. I bought a yellow and white LSV. I haven't gotten the ballast yet, need to work more ot first. I did get the wake plate though. It makes quite a difference. Only issue with the boat is the porpoising at high speed, but the wake plate smoothes it out real nice. I also notice a burning type smell when coming off WOT, but the dealer said it was normal in newer boats. Just keeping an eye on all the fluids, V drive in particular, and all temps seem to be normal. Speaking of the delta, I'm going to Continuing Challenge in Sac. next week. Thinking about taking my boat and hitting the river and delta after classes everyday. I figure there will be plenty of firemen who wouldn't mine having some fun! I don't know the area at all so any tips would be appreciated. Also, what's the best way to get there, 5 or 99? Thanks for the speedo info. also. Enjoy your new boat and stay safe at work.
    Cola - '03 Outback LSV

Default delta info.

yea bring the boat. the delta is right there. and as far as where to go. just grab a delta map so you dont get lost. there are tons of areas to go find buttery water especially midweek.

email me at home and maybe we can hook up. I am going to be at lake oroville till thurs.

[email protected]. or call my cell
    209-609-1319 and maybe i can steer you in the right direction.

also, from ventura, cut across either the 138? that goes to magic mtn area or go up a little if you are already north of there and take the 166 i think north of SLO to the 5. definitely take 5. because 99 and 5 are about 3 miles apart in sacramento and 30 -40 miles apart in bakersfield.
    and if you catch the 5 outa valencia area... except for the Grapevine, its pretty easy drive.. you'll be going right past my place in Tracy.

ps know anyone looking for a slalom boat. 98 boomerang for sale.. Great slalom boat.
    2002 MOBIUS LSV

Default Confused - Bryan help

When this topic came up before i thought i should callibrate my spedos to 36MPH @ 3800RPM but now not sure.

2003 Outback
    310 HP
    4-Blade

Obviously a direct drive so now not sure after reading other responses.
    Love the water!!!

Default speedo

I purchased a GPS that shows MPH from Sports Authority for $67 with batteries. I use this to calibrate my speedometer. More accurate than guessing with the RPMS