Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic View Post
    I'm just not comfortable with Cab being the Guru. Guru aaaaarghh

that's the funniest thing i've seen all day

j/k man...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

i have looked at the above posts and also have a problem with my stereo set up. the stereo i have in at the moment which is a kenwood, wont appear to work with the wired remote that appears to have been a factory fitted option. my remote is a small white remote in the dash. my boat is the 2004 XLV grav games edition. any ideas on what the best thing is to do, and also was it easy enough to drill and install the ipod lead in throught the glove box etc? mine is currently down by the amps in a holder which is neat, but not accessible when friends sat in the boat etc.

can anyone send me pics of a factory remote on thier ride if they have an 04 XLV please to see if it is the same as mine, and if it is and they have upgraded a stereo recently, can you please give me some model number etc. this would be a massive help
    cheers

I have the x592 and it has worked great for the last 2 summers. Just these last few weeks I have been on the water and after connecting an iPod and iPhone immediately get a "USB Remove" error. I've tried the troubleshooting and nothing helps. I swapped the USB cable per custom sounds, in austin, and still nothing. The catch is, the stereo plays iPods and my iPhone sitting on the trailer in and out of the water...tested it with engine running and off, no problem. The second I start moving or shortly after it shuts off and says "USB Remove."

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Another issue while driving is i press the volume up button one time and it shoots all the way to the max without control. This doesn't happen when parked either.

Custom Sounds of course suggested I buy a new head unit...i find it hard to believe it went bad just 2 years old.

thanks

The remote worked like a charm this weekend. I'm sooooo happy.

Austin, I would check your connections. It's possible the head unit went bad, especially since they aren't designed for damp/wet conditions. But if it works fine out of the water, there's probably something else going on. I would guess that maybe two of the USB wires are touching when moving.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

Which wired remotes are you guys connecting? I see that kenwood says the rc60mr will work with the x794 but I am wondering if my factory one, rc100mr, would work as well.
    Nate