Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I got JAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that this is a web sight for boat and chat about boats. I feel with all the people that I chat with and respond to the questions I have, we are all friends. I need to vent. I got a cll this morning. It was a guy named Kelly. I have no idea who he is. He told me that his truck was stolen from our rental yard. Well comes to find out, his truck was parked behind my utility trailer. He had told me that he thought my lock had been cut off. So I go there and come to find out, yes, the lock was cut. My 08' Yamaha Raptor 700r, my wifes Suzuki LTZ 400, and my sons KX65 were stolen. The worst part about everything was that my wifes quad was only a week old. My son is devistated. I feel bad for them. I hate it that all of us work our %*#@!! off and some jerk off, who doesn't work thinks he can come in an take it at his leasure. I am so pissed right now. I went to the management and he told me that he was sorry, "I hope you have insurance because we are not liable." That made me even more pissed. Well spent several hours at the Police station filling out the proper paper work. The funny thing about the ordeal is that security cameras were just installed. Mind you, I said installed. They were not hooked up yet. Can you believe that Just my luck. Sorry guys, I had to vent. Well the warm weather is upon us, time to hit the Lake. Now I know someone was talking about security for the boats. My boat is in the garage and my buddy Smith and his cousin Wessin got together with twelve of their brothers and are taking care of the boat. Ain't that nice of them.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Default Sorry to hear...

Man, I'm sorry to hear about that. Makes you wish you could spend 5 minutes with the guys responsible, huh?

I hope everything works out in the end, however it goes down.

My sympathies are with you and your family.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

THAT SUCKS! Makes me nervous, as my race car is inside my enclosed at a storage lot (fortunately its backed up to a wall, so they'd have to pull the trailer out to get the car. )

So were they insured?

You really should check the laws about liability in your state. Management in some states do have a responsibility. You may be able to lean on his insurance company for the theft. If you do have insurance, you may be able to lean on the management to cover your deductable.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I see theft in the much the same light that others see murder.

Mine was, since I purchased it from a dealer. My wifes, I bought from a private party, and my sons was paid off right after I purchased it. I talked to my insurance and they are going to look into it. I might have to make my first ever claim with my home owners insurance. My quad, with the extra insurance, will be replaced with a $50.00 deductable. I really do not care about my quad as much as my wifes and sons stuff, I feel bad for them. The gentleman that notified my about thhis truck is getting an attorney. He everything goes as plan, I am going to jump on that ban wagon as well. We pay these a%# ho%$@ lots of money every month to store our hard working items. For them to say, we are no responsible is not right. I do agree, they should be liable and have certain insurance for these types of incidents.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

I hate that violated feeling afterwards. Just keep in mind that you still have your family-that is what is important. Material goods can be replaced.

I'd still be crazy pissed though. Sorry man.

To see my sons eyes water up made me feel so bad. That was his very first bike and he loved it. Your right though. My family comes first. Health and Love is important. I just need to go to the bank and get new toys. You can't do that with family.

Man I hate to hear about things like this. I agree with you about working our a$$es off to pay for our toys just to have some lazy a$$ piece of crap steel from us! I really hope that they find your stuff and that your son gets over his loss easily.

On the stoarge facility being liable. I remember signing papers that states the land owner will not be held liable if my boat is stolen or damaged! So basically they are offering a dry place for the boat, but not paying to insure them. I feel like they should, but that is what home owners and boat insurance are for I guess.

Good luck on replacements....my wife rides a Honda CR85RB that is absolutely insane, make make a good replacement for the youngster. It is almost as fast as my YZ125!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

There are all types of forms that you can fill out, but that doesn't mean that the owner doesn't have some liability. Signing paperwork like that can keep common people from pursuing owners in court. Laws vary from state to state, so there is no real way of knowing.

Also, you can also be glad that it wasn't stolen from your home. That is a feeling that you (and your family members) never want to have.

Tazz,

Sorry to hear about that!!! Man that makes me angry too!!!
    And we are more alike than I thought. My wife had a 4 wheeler (no place to ride here so she sold it) and my son is wanting to sell his XR50 for a KTM65!

Again I hope they catch the people who did this and I hope you can get some insurance assistance!!!!