Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st day out!

Default 1st day out!

Well today was my first day out on the lake. I took the boat out to run it and make sure it would run fine after sitting most of last year due to having new baby. I spent all day Sat and Sun washing and waxing and adding all the new stuff i bought over the winter. Got it to the lake backed it down started it up the idle was a bit rough but a few trips around the lake fixed that. Dam it was so nice to get out on the lake! Cant wait for this summer i am sure it will be the best yet.

For all you guys with snow still. It sucks to be you. Arizona rock!

Have a great night.

Took mine out for the first time saturday. It was nice warm water even in IL.

Ok...so I cheated. Our lake is heated.

Took mine out Sunday for about an hour. I finally figured out how to find the water temp on my PP and water was about 61 degrees. Didn't get in but sure felt good to be out and riding.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Quote Originally Posted by tlatoani
    Took mine out for the first time saturday. It was nice warm water even in IL.

Ok...so I cheated. Our lake is heated.

Did you go to Clinton Lake? I heard the water temp was between 70-75 near the hot water output and that people were riding between the 2 bridges.
    I live about a hour and 15 northeastish of Peoria.
    Looking to head down there for the first time prob towards the end of the month. Rivers have been way too high here all Winter and with all this rain we are supposed to get this week it won't be any better.......
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

My buddy was in town from Channahon, IL right outside Joliet. Last Thurs. we took the Outback out for the first time since the purchase in Jan. Ran like a top. Water was about 70 on the Flint River near Bainbridge in GA. Got a few runs in. We were one of only 3 boats. It was awesome. Way different from the ole Evinrude.

I've been so busy wetsanding and polishing the gelcoat, recovering most of the interior, adding a tower, racks and tower speakers, and finding a way nicer trailer and rebuilding it. I had been anticipating the day for over two months. It was great to share it with my brother and a buddy I hadn't seen in 3 years. So glad to be part of this family. Great days ahead!

Well droped my boat at the audio shop today. They say it will be ready friday cant wait. I have been waiting two years for an other than stock audio syetem. Good things come to those who wait i guess.

All I can say is 'It's just a good feeling!'
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

I am still Jealous of you guy hitting the water. I am still waiting for the rest of my audio equipment. I want to take the boat out for it fist voyage of the year. I has been winterized, all fluid changed, batteries on a trickle charger, etc. Now it's time to hit the water. I need to give Rio, at Bosswake.com, a call. He is custom making my speaker/light bar combo. I have been waiting about a month now. I am going crazy here. Water, Water, Water, Water.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Picked mine up yesterday from the dealer. Had it "summerized." Is that a technical term???

I may take her for a spin this weekend at Utah lake. I need to learn how to drive an inboard. I never have driven one and I am nervous getting about getting on the trailer as well as approaching the dock. I envision this as being like a jet ski... you have to give it power to get it to turn. The last thing I want to do is scratch my baby all up!!!

It took me a few times to get use to it. I have alwys driven an outboard or an I/O engine. Much easier. Practice makes perfect. When I put the boat on the trailer, I glide it in. I do not like using the engine to get up on the trailer. Maybe because I am not use to it yet. I already dinged a prop. $500.00 mistake. I rather pull it in with the wench. Yes docking it was a little scary. And what freaked me out the most. REVERSE. Not like the outboard engine. I still love my boat and one of these days, I will perfect the launch, docking, and loading.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!