Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

2006 Mobius LSV. Just got a 750# fat sac and tried it today for the first time. Here's my set up:

750# bag on surf side full
    400# bag in front/center ski locker full
    wakeplate halfway (gauge is straight up)
    10 mph

Below is a pic of the wave with this set up taken today. Looks very surfable! Only me (175#) and my two kids (weighing 125# total) on the boat. Will only get better with more human ballast on board. Water was a chilly 53 degrees so I didn't get in it.

And here are pics of how the 750# sac fits in the LSV ski locker. I need to extend the top hose a little.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al, that's a pretty nice wave for just the 750, 400 and hardly any peeps! I guess i'm going to have to grab a 750 as well as not only is the wave bigger but the sweet spot is extended. Nice going!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I guess that's one way to do it.

I was thinking of disconnecting the bag, adding y adapters with directional flow valves to the fill/drain fittings. Then and have four hoses, two long and two short with the quick connects on both. Leave on set of long/short in the starboard locker and run the other set to port that way i could have the bag in either locker and still fill/drain off the starboard pump. You'd only have to flip the y adapter flow valves to whatever side the bag is on.
    I did some work with y-valves on my 07 lsv to make use of my extra 400's after upgrading to 750's ... check out my post with pics:

https://forum.moomba.com/showpost.ph...68&postcount=7

Quote Originally Posted by adsman View Post
    I did some work with y-valves on my 07 lsv to make use of my extra 400's after upgrading to 750's ... check out my post with pics:

https://forum.moomba.com/showpost.ph...68&postcount=7
    adsman,

That's a good idea but my son and I surf regular and the cooler would be in the way of putting the 400lb bag on the port side. Also, does the evac pump drain the second bag?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Al, that's a pretty nice wave for just the 750, 400 and hardly any peeps! I guess i'm going to have to grab a 750 as well as not only is the wave bigger but the sweet spot is extended. Nice going!
    Agreed, I was pleasantly surprised. I will report back once I actually try to surf it. Will be nice to be able to surf when just me, the wife, and the two kids go out.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

AL, question for you. does the hatch strutt braket hit the bag when the lid is closed?
    and thanks on the monster tower mirror arm--its working perfectly, no vibrations

stacy
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    adsman,

That's a good idea but my son and I surf regular and the cooler would be in the way of putting the 400lb bag on the port side. Also, does the evac pump drain the second bag?

Al
    As long as you switch the valves the second bag will drain fine. I havent tried to fill and empty both bags at the same time with both valves open.

Yes, the cooler on the port side sucks.... Currently when we surf regular, we put an additional 400 on the port side seat above the cooler.... I was thinking of stuffing it infront of the 750 in the rear locker up to the cooler to see how it works... but i really hate have bags out on deck.

I was also thinking about runnning plumbing for another bag in the bow seats... right now i use another 400 on top of the surf side bow seat and fill with a tsunami pump...

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    AL, question for you. does the hatch strutt braket hit the bag when the lid is closed?
    and thanks on the monster tower mirror arm--its working perfectly, no vibrations

stacy
    Stacy,

I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it, but I don't think that it did. And if it did, there are lower profile brackets out that I could swap it out for.

Glad the monster mirror arm is working out.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

So i got my outback DD to curl today, with factory 400# sac full, 3 friends weighing in at 180 avg. two sitting in the driver side rear, and the other leaning out with the tower. A chick at 120 siting in the rear, and I at 140 driving. 10mphs and it was looking prty nice, now if only I had a wakesurf board.
    Last edited by Limishowman3; 06-07-2008 at 01:07 AM. Reason: more understandable
    07 Moomba Outback

Limi - Great to read your post about weight and distribution. I got the exact same set up: '07 Outback w/ tower and 400# rear ballast. This is the year to wakesurf! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles