Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

05 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    Goofy footers only
    Stock center sack full
    900LB sack under seat behind driver.
    750 sack in rear on driver side.
    Fresh Air Exhaust......................RULES!!!!
    All my LARGE friends
    9mph roughly
    Trick Boards and lake Boards

Ok, I just started wakesurfing but I cannot get to ride without rope. Let me give you guys an idea of what my set up was and what you guys would recommend....

06 Mobius LSV

I ride on port side (as I am regular)

-550 lbs in Rear storage on port side
    -250 lbs on floor on the port side (I have 2 of those 250 fly high fat sac but only used one)
    -400 lbs in ski locker
    -375 lbs tube on the floor above the ski locker into the bow area.

plus 2 people sitting on rear port side.

The plate's up 100 percent.

riding at 11.5 mph... maybe I should have tried slower next time? But I want to focus on the ballast set up first then will play with speed.

Should I just move the 375 lbs tube onto the seat of port side? and put another 250 lbs on bow seat or floor?

I have got my wakeboarding wake all dialed in since 2 years but I just got new 08 hyperlite broadcast (forgot the size but it's the middle sized one.) this recently Christmas so this Summer would be my first summer season with full opportunity to wakesurfing after a long day of wakeboarding.

any helps will be appreciated! Thanks!

My buddies 08' Outback V
    750 on the surf side and 450-550 on the seat (surf side).
    We had the stock 450 in the floor and a 550 on top in the walkway but found the wake shapes up better without a lot of weight up front.
    So we emptied the 550 in the walk way and we had a great wake.
    There was only two adults (425lbs ish) and 3 kids (100lbs).
    A few more people and we would have had a even better wave.

Oldschool landlock and a newer landlock.
    We couldn't have been happier.

Testing out the new and improved ballast on the 08 LSV Wednesday.
    I stacked and plumbed 450's on top of the factory 450's in the ski lockers 900lbs each side. Then tied into the factory 450 in the bow and plumbed another 550 for the walkway, 1100 up front. May need more up front so I'll keep you posted.
    We are hoping for some big waves.

Wheres all the pics of the set-up and wakes?

You guys should post pics of your surf wake too, that way you can compare yours to someone elses with the same boat and different weight setup.

When I get my 07 LSV broke in I'm going to start with the ski locker full, I have the intergrated bow sac that will be maybe half full, 750 in the rear port locker, 400 to 500 lb bag on the floor against the port side seats, and a small 150lb bag under the port side rear seat. That should be enough to allow me to move things around and get it dialed how I want it.

Within my OutBack I run two 150lb Launch Pad Blocks down the surf side, two 150lb Launch Pad Blocks in the surf side corner and then two 85lb Launch Pad Blocks where ever I need them. It is not much but it works. I wakeboard and wakeskate more than I surf right now. I just picked up wakesurfing this year, I have only been out like 5 or 6 times this year but I am pumped!.. That is for sure. I am liken it.

Liquid Force Custom 4'10"

So if you were to stack two 400's on the surf side how would you plumb the top bag? Extend the hoses from the non-surf side or plumb in with the other bag?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Bump .... anybody?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razzman, I am trying to deal with a similar scenario as you. I have my factory 275 LBS bags and want to use them from time to time to adjust wakes or add more weight on one side for surfing. I am thinking about putting the quick connect foa tsunami pump on them and the using a cigarette adapter for power. This way I can remove everything if it is not needed. Just hook the Tsunami to the top to fill and then to the bottom to empty. I know this will be messy, but I do not want to do more plumbing and this will keep it removeable.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I guess that's one way to do it.

I was thinking of disconnecting the bag, adding y adapters with directional flow valves to the fill/drain fittings. Then and have four hoses, two long and two short with the quick connects on both. Leave on set of long/short in the starboard locker and run the other set to port that way i could have the bag in either locker and still fill/drain off the starboard pump. You'd only have to flip the y adapter flow valves to whatever side the bag is on.
    2007 Mobius LSV

One season into it, but here's the 2-bits:
    Base models have the biggest surf challenge because they're lighter. My V is good (not optimal) for skiing because at 3000 lbs it's one of the lighter V's. If you a) don't ski and b) have $$, buy an LSV (or even XLV). Gain 300 dry and 320 more capacity; ttl 620 lbs. Big difference. For V surfing, I run 2x350 launch pads rear; factory Gravity 1 middle (400); wake plate up, 9.8 MPH (any faster/slower, worse results). That combined = 1100 lbs ballast. Add two onboard peeps and your at the manufacturers stated max capacity of 1480. As has been discussed, going ropeless is also a matter of skill and technique. With the above, younger/lighter - no problem. Adults - with skill and technique. This said, when one of those passengers sat his 220 lbs on the edge of the boat behind the driver, and leaned outward, holding an additional rope attached to the tower, the wake was INCREDIBLE! A shear, clear, wall of water, with a lip that had virtually no froth. You should have seen the wide eyed amazement on my 14 yr old when that 220 shifted.
    Bottom line: no ski; go big; no prob.