Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default should I upgrade?

My wife and I were talking today and she said she would like to upgrade. We currently have and 05 Outback with 140 hours. It has served us great and we have no real complaints with the boat. We recently had our first child and the low freeboard of the boat really concerns us with the little one. When we are out, we frequently take some water over the bow due to the ammont of weight I like to ride with. It's not bad, but it happens every now and then. She also wants a V drive for the obvious reasons, room and sorage. Right now it would be very difficult to have out child on the boat and be comfortable due to the lack of open room in the boat. It gets crowded very fast now with gear, ballast, people, ice chest, etc. You know how it is.

So we talked about upgrading to an LSV, is it worth it? How much should I expect to get for my boat on trade in VS. selling it? How much do the LSVs typically go for with a few options? give me some input

Thanks

Pickle, I had 04 Outback and switched to 06 LSV in September..
    LOVE IT...
    I sold mine outright and bought a used one. Great condition.
    I have no experience with Trades on boats, but suspect you could come out a little better on an outright sell.. Around here, right before Memorial Day is the best time to sell one! I had several staked out when I sold mine so I had a couple of options so I was only without a boat for 1 weekend.
    I love the space, storage, wake, built in Grav III ballast, etc of my LSV.
    Use the boat builder function on here to get an idea of MSRP of one optioned like you like it.. .not sure how much dealers will knock off, but expect around $40k+ with Grav III, wakeplate, stereo, cover, etc..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

My wife and I and our 2 kids wanted a boat with much more room than our old MasterCraft 190. We saw an Outback V on the lake and stopped the owner and took a tour. We were very impressed with the room and decided to attend the Atlanta boat show to order a new Outback V. While at the show we also checked out the LS (same hull as the LSV). The one thing that we really liked was the higher freeboard!!! We felt safer with the kids riding in the front with the seats sitting lower, or actually the sides of the boat higher. We decided against the LSV because we are a big slalom skiing family and the wake would be too much for us with our skiing passion. You can get an LS for about 500 bucks less than the Outback V with the same equipment, expect to pay another 3600 bucks for the LSV. If you don't ski then you would like the LSV, if you ski then the LS is better. We had our minds set on the V drive but the LS, still with the engine in the center has a TON of room. We had 10 people in it the other day and still had room! The beam (width) is so wide that we even ordered the jump seat and put it behind the drivers seat for even more seating.

We made the same choice and went with the LS because we ski a lot and yes the low beam of the outback made the LS the choice Cant wait for delivery. I did put about 200 gallons of water over the front of our Outback once so it was the LS all the way
    Ski when the ice is gone stop when it returns.

Aero,

After going out today I can only tell you this!!!!

WE LOVE THIS LS!!!!!!!!!!!! We get so many stares and compliments!!!! Compared to our old boat this thing is so roomy and I feel better knowing the engine is where it is supposed to be too! This is a SKI BOAT!

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE LS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm
    Aero,

After going out today I can only tell you this!!!!

WE LOVE THIS LS!!!!!!!!!!!! We get so many stares and compliments!!!! Compared to our old boat this thing is so roomy and I feel better knowing the engine is where it is supposed to be too! This is a SKI BOAT!

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE LS!!!!

Just so you know I am very very Jealous... LOL

Soon though
    Ski when the ice is gone stop when it returns.

Here is a photo that posted on this site before that shows the difference in the freeboard between the 2 boats.

I picked up an 05 XLV with 110hrs this winter for 33.5k. If you dont mind lightly used you can get a lot of boat for a good price. It has most options-I am adding perfect pass.

I finally took it out yesterday. I LOVE how much room it has. My 4yo son was climbing all over and didn't worry me at all. I just need a surfboard rack to get that sucker out of the boat. It fits under the seat but I plan to put amps in there :P

Quote Originally Posted by zegm
    Here is a photo that posted on this site before that shows the difference in the freeboard between the 2 boats.
    That's my baby on the right =)
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

That is one SWEEEET Outback!!!