Default Brian, What is max speed Outback LS 2002?

I have a question. It affects my boat insurance (good price from agent by having home, cars and boat with same carrier). I have a 2002 Outback LS with the 5.7 310 HP Indmar engine. What is the maximum speed rated for this boat? Thanks

Default top speed

they all go around 40 - 44

Smile

I was told by someone at my dealership the magic number for insurance sake is 36mph.Then it will not be deemed a speed boat although we all know they will all go faster/slightly.
    There are a few skiboats that top 50mph but most don't. Hope this helps.

I have a 99 Mobius 5.7L 310hp carb. The best I have ever gotten out of it is 47mph.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Zegm's son thinks I have the fastest Outback in the world. It'll run about 45, I think. The day he rode in it was during a test drive after repairs and I had everything out of the boat and the tower off. It did seem pretty fast that day.

I can't believe an insurer is going to rely on your statement of how fast it goes as opposed to data on the model, HP, etc.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Cool

Kaneboats,

Generally speaking with a 13 x 13 prop and a direct drive you are going to get between 45 and 50mph. The old MC had the same prop and we could get it up to 48ish. It is all dependent on how many RPM's you can get that motor to spin up to. But yeah my boy was correct your boat is Fast!!! We down graded with our new LS as I can only get to around 42ish mph, this is with the 11.5 x 13 prop. I guess with the new LS being a the WORLDS BEST crossover boat you need to gear it down to make the wakeboarders happy too!

The day we were on the Flint river I spoke to one of those Mercury 2 -stroke racing boat owners, he had a 29 x 13/14? prop and he said he has been up to 118mph!!!! Props with that much pitch don't even look like boat propellers anymore. So for every revolution of his prop he is going over 2+ times the distance that we do. But I bet he would have trouble pulling someone up on a slalom ski!

Finally, to get your insurance down go find a 10 x 13 prop, rev out the engine and take a picture showing the tach and the speedo bottomed out at 32mph at 4800rpm!!! Then send it to your agent.

I used to own a 1994 Sea Ray SKI RAY with the 175 hp 2-stroke Mercury. 19'6" in length with a 5 blade Qucksilver 19 pitch stainless steel blade. 2.9 second plane time and 53.4 mph top end (GPS & dual speedo's). I could pull 3 barefooters out on a deep water start and all of us were up in no time.

That boat was ahead of its time. The ski wakes were incredible out of this outboard open bow boat. This was a true family boat for skiers and barefooters. Tons...and I mean tons of storage plus U-shaped seating.

There is a kid on the lake here with a Malibu wakesetter. He thought his speedo was correct when he said it topped out at 58 mph and I knew there was no way. I was out of the water before him and left him in the dust within about 5 seconds.

I think Abuckamatombo (he gets on here once in a while) said his 07 Outback V topped out at around 43 mph and I believe he has the 325 hp.