Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anchor Storage

Default Anchor Storage

Just Curious if anyone could give me advice on anchor storage for an lsv....underneath the seat up front in the middle seems to be the spot but its carpeted..worried about moisture and keeping everything clean...pictures would be great if anyone has some!
    ________
    marijuana indica
    Last edited by ajmoritz17; 01-22-2011 at 03:25 AM.

I took everything out of my boat for Winter storage EXCEPT the anchor and I left it in one of the storage compartments that is carpeted.... I have one of those bigger ones that is made of galavanized steel I believe. I'm hoping it didn't rust at all, but I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.
    As for storage I'd just wrap it in an old towel or something similar in case she does rust.

Aaron
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

aj

I keep mine up front as well. Water is not going to hurt anything. These things were made to get wet. When I pull the anchor up I'll wash off any dirt or mud that may be stuck to it, but that's it. Ed G is right about the wakesurfing. I've had my boat soaking wet on the inside before...especially if I get caught out in rain. The carpet is marine grade and there's no wood used in building these boats. The key is to let it dry out properly afterwards. When I put my boat up I open all storage compartments and lift up all seat cushions so it can air dry really good. If it's really soaked I'll get out the wet/dry vac and it does miracles. You take that boat out and let it get wet and have fun with it cuz that's what they're made for. IMO
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!

that was pretty much exactly what i wanted to hear thanks
    ________
    GL1200SEI
    Last edited by ajmoritz17; 01-22-2011 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G
    I keep my anchor up front.

a quick turn around to pick up a downed wakesurfer brings in a two foot high wall of water over the bow, so what's a little water from an anchor?
    I've never had any water come over the bow of my LSV (but then again, I've only had it one season so give me time ).

AJ,

When I put my boat away (in the garage) after a day on the water, I take everything that is wet out of the boat and hang it up, including the anchor and anchor line if it was used that day, which I keep in the bow under the starboard seat cushion. I also open up all the compartments so that the carpet can air dry. I am anal about this, I know, but I don't like water to sit anywhere on my boat when it's not in use.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I am anal about this
    I understand, Al. I run a fan and crack the motor box open. Dry is better. - Deerfield

It's just an anchor and rode, it'll dry. If yer lake is that nasty, I'd find another lake.
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

The anchor should not rust, but if that is a concern barts and overtons has coated anchors with colors as wells.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I've got a few rust marks inside the front locker of my 98 but that's the way it is. I keep my boats for a long time and I'm happy just to keep the visible parts of my boat looking good.

Sled491 Guest

I use a Richter anchor and it won't fit in the front compartment so we put ours under the glove box in the big storage area, never a problem. Like everyone says ventilate, ventilate, ventilate.