Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Larger front ballast bag for LSV

Does anyone know if the current LSV can accommodate a higher capacity front ballast bag, and if so, which one? I am interested in replacing the ski locker bag with a larger one but it looks like the 10x16x70 400# stock bag might be the biggest that will fit.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default Not sure

I just added two 400lb bags in the back. Does anyone know how to get the factory quick disconnects off. I am also adding some weight up front. I was going to use the stock bags under the front cushions, but I can't get the old parts off. How big were you going to go in the middle? If I can't get the 2x 250lb under the front I will run my water bed tube under there and my large cube under the playpen. Should be about 300lb up front. Please let me know how your middle ballast works out.

There’s a red lock ring that you just pull back on the stock quick disconnects. Once you have them pulled back, squeeze both side of the clamp thingy just behind the red lock ring and it will release from the bag. Once you look at it, you will see what I mean!

Default I got that.

I must explain myself better. I got them unhooked, I can't get the ends to unscrew out of the bag. I wanted to change them out so I can use them with a Tsunami pump. Thanks though.

Default Re: Not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z
    I just added two 400lb bags in the back. Does anyone know how to get the factory quick disconnects off. I am also adding some weight up front. I was going to use the stock bags under the front cushions, but I can't get the old parts off. How big were you going to go in the middle? If I can't get the 2x 250lb under the front I will run my water bed tube under there and my large cube under the playpen. Should be about 300lb up front. Please let me know how your middle ballast works out.
    Eric,

I've also upgraded my rear bags to 400# each and am interested in upgrading the front bag and would like to know if anyone has done the same. I am not interested in adding additional sacks to the bow area.

If you are asking how to remove the fittings on the bags, they just unscrew. Grab the base with a pair of pliers and carefully turn them counter-clockwise. They might be in there pretty tight.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default Re: I got that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z
    I must explain myself better. I got them unhooked, I can't get the ends to unscrew out of the bag. I wanted to change them out so I can use them with a Tsunami pump. Thanks though.
    Eric,

I just tried to unscrew the fittings out of the stock bags and on one bag, they came right out. On the other bag, they won't budge. I think they might be glued in place or something.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

It think I might have answered my own question. I took some measurements of the ski locker and it measures 22" wide, 89" long, and 9" in height. However, after about three feet from the back, the bottom of the locker starts to curve upwards so the height starts dropping off. I am pretty sure that the stock bag is not getting up to it's 400lb capacity since it measures 10x16x70 and it's not getting the full 10" in height.

I think the only thing that can be done is to have a custom bag made that measures 9" in height and 22'' wide and about 80" in length but the amount of weight gained is probably not worth it.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yea…those things are in there very TIGHT! I filled the front ballast up on the XLV last night, on the lake, and air got trapped in it. I had to really get ugly with that screw off plug in order to bleed the air from the ballast. I don’t have any skin now in the webbing between my thumb and index finger!!! I had a few refreshments too that might have had something to do with it!

Eric Z..
    The fittings are glued in. Fly High can walk you through how to heat it up with a hair dryer and pull off.. Call their customer service number and they'll walk you through it.. It seems scary how they tell you to do it... but, it works..

B
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

All,

I called Fatsac today to find out how much they charge to make a custom bag. About $100 more than the cost of the bag that they already make that is closest in dimensions to what you want. When I told him what I was trying to accomplish, he said that my best bet is to buy a Gravity Games bag which measures 19x19x88 at a cost of $330. It will fill the ski locker to capacity and will cost less than having a bag custom made.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV