Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sled,

One think about her neck, she took several x-rays and yes they showed something wrong with one vertebrae. She took an MRI but most doctors we first visited saw did not look at it!!!??? Finally the surgeon who operated on her did review it and showed us the damage to her other vertebrae that did NOT show on the xrays. You might want her to re-consider taking an MRI!
    I think MRS. Z is thinking that since I have put on 20lbs (I used to be tall and skinny, now I am just tall) since I bought my current ski a long time ago that we need to review the length issue. I get soooo tired getting up! I even found both skis out in the garage where she was looking at the lengths. I think if I get a new one she would use my old one (67"/170CM). Trouble is in the last 2 weeks she has lost 15lbs and is now so skinny! So her old ski (65"/165CM) will be fine for her now! Shoot just when it looked like I might get a new toy! Another issue is what ever we purchase here it will have to be from the internet, there are no ski shops, only boatersworld and sportsauthority. I am liking the kidder idea, what about RADAR. Is this where Herb O'brien is making his home now? The man is leaving his name or initials everywhere!!!! I have to consider them now as both EP and Majeraha (sp?) are both long gone! Finally what length ski should a 6'2" 190lb person be on?

Sled491 Guest

Z, the length of your ski will depend on your typical speed. Speeds around 34-36 mph will allow you to ski shorter lengths. If you plan to stick around the 30-32 mph range then consider a wide body ski or "Fat Boy" as they are sometimes called. It will make your starts easier, and let your ski longer on the little breath you have left

A lot of tournament skiers use these skiis in the off season to slow down and work on technique

Sled,

I spoke to the owner of Florida inboards today, he is a tournament qualified driver and a rated slalom skier. Hw ust came back from the Moomba (Austrialia) games where he was pulling the slalom skiers. His son and daughter and also nationally rated slalom skiers. He has several skies he will let me borrow and he is buddies with that shop you mentioned in Orlando!!! He can ask for any ski from them no problem. So seems like I will find a way to try out some skies. Every summer for the past 4 summers I have had some kind of injury during skiing season. Last summer when I finally got my ski out and started to go it was like "WHAT the #@$%?" Man was I out of ski shape!!!! I think that is a great idea to use a fat boy and I know a brother in law that has one sitting around having not been used in the last 3 years, maybe if it just dissappears I can get some time in on a ski!!!!

Sled491 Guest

See Z, for every door that closes in life, two more open

But I would seriously try every ski I could

Yeah I plan too! I also spoke to him about our EP's. Ginny has the stilletto and I have a tactic which is the same ski but detuned somewhat. He said that they were ahead of their time and that she might find that it is still a good ski for her. And since she is the same weight as when she bought it if not a little less! He personally knew the guy that designed it and is a buddy of his! I am trying to remember the guys name so that I can Google it and see where he is working.

I have the Connely F1X ski with double high wraps. I think that I might get rid of the boots and get the new hinged boots. The ski is great. I graduated from a HO Mach TRX.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I am going to try out Many skis this summer! I will use all of your suggestions! Thanks!!!!