Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey
    McMoomba how is joe pool lake is there any butter out there? never been where going camping there next month.I only have 5 Hrs still need to get her broke in may go to Eagle Mt. Sat if its nice

HAMRIT !

Hammer, Joe pool is not bad, we normally go on week nights in the summer from 5 to sundown and have most of the lake to ourselves. The weekends get a little crowded but you can find some quite areas. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Yea i'll let you know when but i do think 4-25 weekend will be there we have about 8 trips pland.One sat we should get you me ,lancewake,jdsharp,membrain and who ever else wants to .Pick a lake and meet up

HAMRIT !

I aint Skeerd!

We finally get our boat this Saturday…feels like eternity!!! The tower just got back from getting powder coated (black), and is attached to the boat! They hung the white speaker pods today, and it goes to the stereo place tomorrow to get my PRECISION AMP installed, along with the 12” sub!!! We upgraded the ballasts to the 1,100 lbs. Versions!!! All three of them!!!! I shouldn’t have to dodge the fat sacks any longer now like I did in the ’04 Mobius!!! By the way, we are getting an ’08 XLV GG. You guys should be able to see us coming?

Wow, talk about fully loaded, can't wait to see pics.

Hey McMoomba,

I read your thread about you being embarrassed about your 175. Shoot man, that thing is Catdaddy compared to what my son & I started out with! Get this; we started out with an ’86 Glastron fish and ski boat. We had a tripod installed so that my son could wakeboard. He couldn’t get enough wake so on the way to Lake Worth one day to ski, we stopped at Home Depot and bought four bags of sakrete concrete mix and put them in the back of the boat. Two on starboard and two on portside.

We would get right in there with all those competition ski boats. They didn’t like us doing it at first, until my son started flipping on this old pile of junk!!! We went to the beach, and everyone came over to check out this boat, and when they saw our hillbilly redneck ballast system, they all died laughing!!!!

This boat had an outboard 100 HP Evenrude engine. I would give it full throttle and the nose would stand straight up. It took 100 yards for that thing to plain out while trying to get my son up on his board!!! Not kidding!!! I couldn’t see anything!

It just goes to show you that you can have fun no matter what you have out on the lake.

It sure make you appreciate these Moombas!!!!!!!!!!

Membrain,
    Love the Glastron/Sakrete story! That's funny, don't care who you are...

You'll really show em now in the XLV!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Membrain, that is freaking funny i cant stop laughing hey hurry up and post pics i wanna see!

HAMRIT !

We go pick it up tomorrow around noon! You guys may have to wait for pics until Sunday! We might just have to take it out tomorrow afternoon if it is warm enough…although, it does have a heater!!!