Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tazz,

If you could get the kick panel apart, If there is room. Could you just mount the audio formz to the back of the kick panel, so you could have the "free air" look and Mount, with the sound of the sealed enclosure

JMV
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default To Reese350

Oregon is a great place to live. Nice people and alot of lakes and rivers. I have hit alot of our lakes (Detroit, Devils, Green Peter, Foster,) All within a couple of hours from my house. The season is not quite as long but I plan to start hitting it in a month or so and go through October. My favorite place to board is on the Willamette River. Between Newberg and Wilsonville. Gets a little crowded on the weekends but still my favorite place to go. Depending on where you plan to live there will be a lake there. Central Oregon Has Billy Chinook and Prineville, Eugene also has some good lakes. If the only thing stopping you from moving is the lakes then you should move, we have alot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese350
    Thanks for the input, it is useful for me as well. I also have a 2006 LSV and just bought the JL 10" marine sub that I need to install before the ice thaws in MI.

On a different note, I notice a couple of you guys are in OR. I live in MI but I work in Lake Oswego, OR quite often and may even relocate. One of my biggest hangups about moving out is the waterskiing situation. I've grown up on lakes and I'm not to keen on rivers.

Where do you guys ski/board, how crowded is it, and how warm does the water get?

Thanks!
    Reese,

I also work in Lake Oswego, on Meadows Rd. Where is your office and what do you do?

Regarding boating up here, I think Eric Z summed it up pretty well. I moved here from Denver over a year ago and this is my first experience with boating on a river. I like it alot, especially if you go during the week. You hardly see any other boats, and when you do, you see their wake once and that's it. And you have miles and miles of glass and you never have to turn (unless your skier/boarder drops off).

Like Eric, I like the stretch of the Wilamette between Wilsonville and Newberg.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

JM--
    The kick panel doen not come apart. It is all fiberglassed in. The reason I chose the 10" encloser is because of the space. I almost went with the free air sub. Went to a local dealer that my Moomba Sales sent me too. I heard the system. Was not impressed. $3,500.00 and it did not sound good. I spent a third of that and mine rocks!! I can hardly wait to hit the water.. Like I said in one of my last post. I am still waiting for my custom tower speaker cans. I still have 4 Polk Momo speakers to install. Right now, I am just running 6 polk Audio in the cabin and 1 10" Boston Acustic sub. They are being powered by 1 Kicker MX 700.5 amp. The tower will be powered by the Kicker MX 350.4 amp.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thank you to all those that chimed in on my original question. I still like the stock location versus any other options so I am going to attempt to make a sealed, properly sized enclosure out of the kick panel. I will cut a hole for the 10" sub then will attempt to cut trapezoidal pieces in just the right dimensions in order to seal off the left and right sides of the enclosure. I will make cutouts for the battery cables and will seal the "side panels" with caulk. I need to start with finding out if there is enough volume there to work with the 10" sub. I'll try to remember to take and post pics along the way.

Thanks again.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Tazz,

Thanks, I was lookin at the audio formz sub enclosure and wondered how fiberglass sounded, Guess they work. I had a bazooka double isobaric double tube once powered by a 200 w alpine in my honda and thougt i would lean the bazooka way, but the G3 with audio formz could sound great while tucked away.

cab13367, can't wat to see the pics, could be alot of work but i luv that idea if it can be sealed off properly.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Reese350 Guest

Cab, it's a small world. My office is also on Meadows. The Hilton Garden Inn is my home away from home.

It's good to hear there are some good options for boarding out here if we decide to move. We took the kids up to Hood River this weekend to watch the Kiteboarders. They fell in love with that and are itching to try it!

I look forward to seeing your pics because I'm getting ready to dig into the exact project.

Reese,

What do you do for a living that it brings you out here?

It might be a little while before I dig into this project. I took some rough measurements and it looks like the largest volume that I can seal off in the kick panel is about 0.42 CF whereas the recommended sealed enclosure volume for my 10" Polk/MOMO sub is .66 CF. So now I am contemplating building a 12x12x8 (interior volume) box and installing it on top of the kick panel. There should be enough room. Not exactly the look I as going for but it will give me the best sound quality.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Hey Reese,

Check out pdxwake.com for more info and lots of good pics of riding on the river, including some good sequence pics. There are some good riders out here (me not being one of them ).

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Reese350 Guest

Cab, I work in the software industry for a company called Autodesk. We make design software (AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, etc) that helps customers design, analyze, and simulate their products digitally. Our software is used by people in manufacturing, architecture, media/entertainment (movies and games), etc. It's a fun job and a great company.

What about you?

Thanks for pointing me to pdxwake, I'll check it out.