Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Moomba Owner

Hey Im from just a 2003 Moomba Outback LS. Took it out on the lake for the first time today just to check it out. I have spent most of my boating career on a Chaparral 2130 In-out.
    -Toys-
    -2003 Moomba Outback LS(SOLD)
    -2010 Moomba Mobius XLV (SOLD)
    -2014 Moomba Mondo
    -2006 Yamaha YZ125

Congrats on the new boat. Hope you enjoy it. Welcome to the Moomba family
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

welcome to the clan and congrats on the moomba. Great bunch of people on the board. will answer almost anything that will help u and some 2 cents just for the heck of it.

Im jealous of all who can put there boat into the water (long winter bad snow ski season). All this info and no boat to play with yet, april 29th is still a ways out. Hopefully the ice fisherman will be gone out front...

Congrats and welcome!!!!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Well I do have a two questions. First being the boat seems very hard to steer. The steering is smooth just hard to steer. Like I said I am used to an in out with power steering. Also under the back seat it has a large platic tank, I am guessing this is a ballast tank maybe? Sorry for the stupid questions just new to these boats.
    -Toys-
    -2003 Moomba Outback LS(SOLD)
    -2010 Moomba Mobius XLV (SOLD)
    -2014 Moomba Mondo
    -2006 Yamaha YZ125

Quote Originally Posted by Doublea
    Well I do have a two questions. First being the boat seems very hard to steer. The steering is smooth just hard to steer. Like I said I am used to an in out with power steering. Also under the back seat it has a large platic tank, I am guessing this is a ballast tank maybe? Sorry for the stupid questions just new to these boats.
    I also had a tough time coming from an I/O. My 4500 pound 24' Formula was easier to dock than the little LSV. You will get use to it. You will learn how to "swing" the rear of the boat simply by putting it in gear (not throttle blasting). When you put it in gear in forward the rear of the boat will chine to the left (I may have this backwards...have not been on the water this year) and if you put it in gear in revers you receive the opposite effect. If is just a lot to get used to. Just drive real slow and let the prop stear the boat. Like is said this takes a while to get used to.

And yes that is a ballast tank under the rear seat! Have fun and no question is too simple. Know your boat and enjoy its full potential.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

hey i didnt think i should start a new topic for this stupid question--

what does lsv/xlv stand for?
    i would guess the v is for v-drive but whats the rest? malibu uses lsv as well if im not mistaken
    ________
    og kush marijuana strain
    Last edited by ajmoritz17; 01-22-2011 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmoritz17
    hey i didnt think i should start a new topic for this stupid question--

what does lsv/xlv stand for?
    i would guess the v is for v-drive but whats the rest? malibu uses lsv as well if im not mistaken
    LS is the hull type and V is for V-drive around 22 feet
    XL is the hull type and V is for V-drive around 24 feet

The LSV is smaller than the XLV. Similar to the markings of the Vride and VTX of Malibus.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I am also a new Moomba owner. I bought an 06' LSV last week. I am very happy so far but we haven't hit the water yet. I wish I could figure out how to post a picture. It is black. Has a great system in it and I just ordered the 400lb bags for the V-drive. It will have 300lb hidden in the front 400lb in the middle and the 800lb in the rear, is this a good wakeboard set up?

Eric, Call me...541-350-1958
    I think you purchased my 06 LSV !! Great Boat
    08 LSV, Z-5 CARGO, TANDOM AXLE CUSTOM WHEELS TRAILER.....HOME LAKE IS BILLY CHINOOK CENTRAL OREGON

Eric, you ballast set up should be great. I have 06 LSV with factory 400 in locker, and 750s in rear. I never fill the 750s up all the way for wakeboarding, but fill 1 up for surfing! That extra 300 you have may come in handy if you want to surf, especially if you can move it to one side!

DoubleA,
    Welcome. You'll have a blast in your boat.

Man, is it me, or have we had a ton of new folks join the clan! That's great! Seems like way more folks posting on here than last spring!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold