Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Texas Boat Jamboree

This post is dedicated to all the people in or around Texas (or anywhere for that matter)interested in having our own version of a jamboree. This is just now in the works and is something that has not by any stretch been finalized, however, I want to make this a reality and will do everything I can to make this happen. Just post a reply if this is something you could be interested in. I've requested numerous 4-5 day off stretches from work through out the summer and could easily work around some type of agreement made by other locals. If anyone has a good enough report with any of the dealerships in the area or SC themselves, to maybe get them to sponsor it let me know. I'll shoot an e-mail to SC and my local dealership to see if they would be interested in throwing in a few shirts/koozies. Please let me know if you could even be slightly interested.
    Ridin' Dirty!

jd

I'm in man! We need this in our area. I'll see what I can do to make this thing manifest.
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!

I'd be willing to make the trip down with my boat.

Keep me posted!

I'm in, keep us posted.

I'm in...assuming new 08 LSV is here as expected on 5/1

jd

I think what we need to do is start looking at time frames...atleast get it narrowed down to a month. Right off the cuff I'm kinda thinkin June. Any thoughts?
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Ed G

You're right man! We'll have plenty of boats there, and we need all the people we can to launch this thing.
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!

I have spoken with the person in charge of marketing at SC and my local dealership, it sounds like getting sponsored is definately a real posibility. My concern, however is I've been asked to basically give a proposal of what exactly we expect to take place at our "Jamboree" and since I've unfortunately never attended one I was wondering if I could get some input and information back from anyone who has attended one on the types of events/gear that is present at your events? Any input or information would be greatly appreciated. Please keep the posts coming on the interested peeps that could make it. I need a minimum of 20 boats to be interested! Side note Very big event taking place in OKC (Oklahoma City) River this year, Sept. 4th-7th.
    Ridin' Dirty!

ed g

Excellent links & very helpful.

thx
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!