Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MOOMBA 2007 BROKEN STARTENGINE

hi moombaguys , this is my story of the season 2007 , last year i bought a full-loaded LSV2007 with 340HP-engine (i paid 65000dollar). I saw this amazing boat in the international boatshow of dusseldorf (germany) . There is no localdealership in belgium so i went to holland to buy a new lsv . The dealer did a great job and delivered my dream in may 2008 . We were so excited to see the boat (i will try to put a picture on the site) , and the next week we tried it out at a local lake here in belgium . This boat was everything i wanted . Summer was starting and we had reserved a berthplace on the hourtin-lake in the south of france (an amazing spot to do wakeboarding and skiing) , we drove the whole night and arrived in bordeaux . The next morning we took the boat into the water for making a little tour on the lake . BUT the engine was making strange noise , i stopped immediatelly and restarted , the noise was gone . The next 2 days we could start the boat , the next morning on the 3th day my boat gave it up (on the display 9hours) , MY boat was seriously broken up , whatever we tried (even with local experts) we had to pull out the boat of the harbour . What happened : inside the new motorblock etx /cat , there is a startingblock that drives on the great startingwheel , the solenoīde inside the startingblock comes into the startingwheel everytime you start the boat . But the whole system was mounted up at the wrong place , the solenoļde was pushing off little by little the startingwheel , so at the end he has pushed off the whole wheel with lots of damage . You couldn't observe it before but this was the reason ... So 2weeks i've seen other people wakeboarding from the beach . I was so disappionted . Back at home we went again with this boat to the dealer . He did again a great job he fixed up the boat but it took 2months to get him back , season 2007 gone ....we had 15hours on the display. Evenso i had sent over lots of emails and faxes to skiers choice , never never i had any apoligize or answer in this whole matter . I NEVER asked for a single penny , i've lost a lot of money but the only thing i asked for is a little respect for europeancostumers . The only explanation i had of the dealer was : an engineer of indmar has done a wrong job but can not take the responsability in this case .... SO case closed . I had also a proposal (from the dealer) to change my boat into a 2008 with less mounted options . I've said noway we restart this season with my firstdream , so you can imagine that i'm very scarred to restart my boat in april , moomba 'no worries ' sorry i don't believe in'no worries ...
    i've waited longtime to sent this over.. but i had to inform people if they have the same problem . i hope to say my season 2008 was superb ....
    lots of wakeboardinglove ,
    greetings from flanders (dutch speaking part of belgium)

siegfried de croo

Flanders, Sorry about your loss of the season! We all hope you have a great 2008! This doesnot sound like a tipical Skiers choise response.
    I would love to someday wake board in your backyard!......See-ya
    Davidl
    08 LSV, Z-5 CARGO, TANDOM AXLE CUSTOM WHEELS TRAILER.....HOME LAKE IS BILLY CHINOOK CENTRAL OREGON

Default Re: MOOMBA 2007 BROKEN STARTENGINE

thanks davidl , thanks for your support , i hope to meet americanmoomba-owners somewhere in the states . May be i had to come once to a jamboree . GOODLUCK
    see you siegfried

Siegfried-
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Sounds like a warranty issue to me. The Holland dealership should be taking care of this for you. If they're not, I would send a certified letter to SC explaining the problem; include receipts (copies) of the repair and a copy of the boat bill of sale. You may not recoup the time lost but hopefully you'll get reimbursement for parts and labor. If SC's goal is to serve a global market, they need to step up and take care of you guys.

hey guys , thanks for the advice . First of all i had to say that my hollanddealer did all the repair in warranty (mostly by himself) the parts needed for repair came from the us . Strange enough they've sent over wrong replacementparts , i think the whole issue on this case is that indmar hasn't mounted up this motorblock in a lsv before (they wanted the startengine above waterlevel because we were demanding a 340hp etx/cat with salwaterpackage ) so now my dealer has mounted up a normal startengine at the normalplace but under the waterlevel. He takes his reponsability and gaves us a new warranty (such as a new boat2008).
    Therefor the dealer isn't wrong , the only thing is why have they mounted up the startengine at that particular place. A question with no answer yet . greetings siegfried [/url]

Hi belgium friend,

I bought a 07 lsv at the same dealer last year, not a single problem and have 65 hours on it. I think(hope) it's just bad luck.
    When I bought my boat it took 4 months for delivery they offerd me a free loan boat could you not get one for the period yours was in repair?

I hope everything is oke this year and that you have a trouble free season.

Maybe we can arrange a jamboree in the BENELUX?!!

hey edwin ,

wat een toffe verrassing , bedankt voor uw mailtje , mocht er een 'beneluxjamboree' aankomen verwittig mij , we zijn gegarandeerd op post ...(misschien iets voor tb-boten???)

american friends , sorry for writing in our motherlanguage , i was surprised to have an answer so near from home .
    greets ,

siegfried

i would love to come to the jamboree, though i don't think i will bring my boat.

yearround, you can stay on my boat.... if i can stay on yours when i'am at your place oke?

siegfried,
    must be something for tb boten to arrange a jamboree! i think they sold a lot of boats the last few years.
    where from belgium are you? and where do you board? I ve been to belgium a lot even had a belgium kayak trainer for years when Iwas still training on top level, this year I stopt training..... at least have some more time for boarding.

groetjes en tot ziens (that means greetings and see you)

deal!
    try and give me a bit of notice before you come.