Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 08 Outback white/Brittany...

Well, after waiting patiently since the end of January, the boat finally arrived exactly on time as we expected... delivery at the dealer May 9th (only getting photos up now - computer issues)

has been absolutely fantastic so far, only one glitch - wakeplate failed after approx 3 hours use on the boat (20 hr service it will be checked/fixed) otherwise a wicked experience so far... already 9.6 hours on it (we've been carefully piling time up through the break in period)

cant wait for ski season!

options are as follows:
    Tower
    Bimini
    appearance package
    bow filler cushion
    front tonneau cover
    tower mirror bracket
    full cover

PICS:

at the dealer

on the lift at the cottage first day home

a little fun with the camera

just off the dock

Sorry for the huge pics... no actual way (that i know of) to resize them on my work laptop (PC still fried)

Ryan
    08 Outback

Smile

Very nice lookin boat.We thought about that colour combo as well.Looks good. I like the new look decal as well. I am still kicking myself for not getting a tower mirror bracket as well,hopefully inthe near future.Anyways .Enjoy.

Great looking boat.. I miss my outback sometimes. such a nimble boat..handled so well!
    Also, jealous of you guys that get to store your ride on a lift! Sure beats on a trailer at a boat storage place!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I really like that color, combo.

Saw it in the factory tour post from Ian, looks even better on the water.
    It is better barefoot!

thanks for the comments guys. the colour choice was obvious (we bought the boat from a show - and the book was actually surprisingly inaccurate in depicting the colours) luckily our sales guy had pictures of preproduction hulls in many different colour combos so we could get a real idea of what it was going to look like before we committed! took a chance on the new Moomba logo, but im really happy with the way it turned out on the white background...

and yes the lift is great... other than having to crank it up at night, it really affords peace of mind when im not there for 1-2weeks at a time... the boat is locked in the up position, away from the wakes and waves from passing ski boats!
    08 Outback

What lake you on?
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Odie - Great lookin' Outback! And, yes, having a locked lift keeping that beauty high and dry when not in use is a great peace of mind. Looks like the water level is high. Boat houses in the background seem to be sinking in the lake water. What's the situation? - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Spyder - Lake Papineau - about 20 mins north of Bancroft

Deerfield - thanks! water level was really high at the dealer (shown in the first photo) the dock was literally about 1" above water level... so low that when you walked on it, water flowed through! the ice had only gone out about 2 weeks earlier, and we had such a rapid thaw that it was causing trouble all over the place (the dealership store was flooded completely btw)

water level on our home lake was also about 14" above normal for this time of year, but we have the luxury of two boat launches to choose from, and we ended up having to make our way to the further from the cottage because my bro-in-laws Ford F-350 was starting to get too deep and the boat wasnt even close to being off the trailer at the nearer launch

in the past week, water has dropped approx 6"... and things are looking more normal. most likely around July 1 we'll have to move the lift out a few feet to compensate for the water level...

Ryan
    08 Outback

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Spyder - Lake Papineau - about 20 mins north of Bancroft
    Damn, quite the drive =)

We have a place up on Rice Lake.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

definitely a bit of a drive, but the 407 makes me feel better about it

Rice Lake is nice i hear, ive never actually been on it!

we're up to 5 Moombas on Papineau now apparently, was talking with another newbie from my lake this weekend, and he told me that was the number he was given by his dealer in Trenton...

not to mention the Nautiques/Mastercrafts...
    08 Outback