Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Demo Boat Wrap

That is one awesome boat! I noticed that it has the Supra boat trailer fenders and wheels! Is that an option or what!?!?!?!

The wheels and fenders are not an option from Moomba. I swapped the stock ones with a Supra I had on lot.

the wrap look great.

next question: what kind of wakeboard racks do you have? are they the roswell swivell racks? are they installed on the leg of the tower that fold down? does that get a little heavy for lowering the tower?

thanks

yearround,

Yes, the board racks are the Roswell Caddy racks with swivels. It is mounted just below the knobs on the tower. The only heavy part about the lowering the tower is the top. Luckily Wetsounds have a quick disonnect bracket that makes it easier.

thanks for the info.

some more questions on the racks. I store my boat in the garage. so we are obviously lifting the tower all the time.

can the racks be mounted above the disconnect bracket or does that put the rack too high? where do the brackets sit when folded? i have seen gel chips from the arms or tower dropping/resting on the gel.

i know others have shown some novel solutions to support the tower. i usually tie up to the ceiling with a bunge and i usually remember to unhook it before i pull out.

i like the swivel racks, should solve a few problems:
    1) save back strains
    2) problems that happen when i slip my foot off the wrong side
    3)i could turn the racks inside so that fitting the boat through the door may be a bit easier.

can they be mounted above the knobs?

for now, we are not putting tower speakers on. it is usually me putting the tower up by myself, 2-3x per week, i would rather hold the rope that struggle with the tower before and after. but maybe if i see the convenient disconnect that may change.

what is the cost of the swivel racks?

yearround,

I'm not sure what I was thinking when i replied to you. The board racks are actually mounted above the tower knobs. When the tower folds down the small lower legs are not long enough to touch gelcoat or vinyl. They will just rest on the tower itself. When the main part of the tower folds down it actually works out perfect to where the black rubber piece on the bottom of the swivel rack rests on that small lower leg that is folded. It works out to where I don't see how anything can be damaged. Retail cost of the racks with swivels is $800.

Sled491 Guest

I like the wrap a lot it is just awsum. Rugburn says he does this kind of stuff now ( I only mention him because he is close to me and is who I would use here in WI) I know some guys at the track had there sleds done for about $350. Much Much smaller area, but more curves. I would absolutely love something like that to give my boat more character

Im going to be wrapping my boat in the next couple of weeks and wrapping the truck to match. The hardest part is pulling the trigger on the design, I have 3 different ones going and it make come down to a coin flip.
    Jim Hagen
    Madison, Wisconsin
    facebook.com/signedgewraps

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV - Exiled
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

Sled491 Guest

Rugburn, I still have your number, I still need to call you. Sorry about the delay

That boat is awesome! Do you have any pictures of the interior? The more the better. Thanks.