Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Demo Boat Wrap

Default Demo Boat Wrap

I thought I would post pictures of my shop's demo boat for the year. It is a 2008 Moomba Mobius XLV with MANY upgrades and customizations including the custom wrap/graphics in the pictures. Shop is Diamond Lakes WaterSports in Malvern Arkansas. I don't know if I would ever put this on my personal boat but it definitely draws attention like a demo boat should.

I think it looks great.

That looks hot.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Jon,
    THat is SWEET. You'll get lots o looks in that one!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like that!

I'd buy it!
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Jon, How does the 2 485 look from the front. I like the speaker combo but the front side of them is ugly. Also how is the head room with the speakers and are you going to put the bimini back up. Who is doing the stereo install? my guys in GA are KICK ass and would do a good job. They were at the ATL show and the Charlotte show. Their stereo setup helped the boat sell over 16 boats , one for 89,000 SAN 230. I have some pics if you want to see
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

I think that looks great, and I am 33 yrs old!

Could someone explain the wraps to me? What are they made of, and how do they work? More specifically:

1. How much are they?
    2. Where do you get them (I'm in the Houston area)?
    3. How long do they last?

Thanks!

Aquaholic,

To be honest I haven't really paid attention to the front (back) of the speakers. All I know is that they are aerodynamic and will help with gas when I go to tow the boat long distances. I think the Cargo Rack helps "hide" any cosmetic dislikes some might have. I don't have a problem with head room. Me and my normal crew are all under 6' so its never been a real problem for us.

I actually do all of the stereo installs for my shop. I'd love to see some pictures of others work though. Its always good to get new/better ideas. PM me a link.

TL7,

Thanks for the compliment. The wrap is basically like a big heavy duty vinyl sticker. The material is printed then is stretched and heated when applied to the boat. It can fit any curve easily. My graphics guy told me it would be no problem to completely wrap an easter egg with no seams. I do not know the exact cost of my partial wrap and graphics (I bartered with the graphics place with some wakeboard gear) but I would guess between $1500-$2000 installed. As far as a place to get them, I would think any decent graphics/tint place should be able to do it no problem. There should be a ton of places in Houston. I think the warranty for my wrap is 3 years.

Here are a few more detailed pics:

I saw an episode of “Horsepower” on Spike TV and saw all about this! Its cool! They make any kind of graphic you can imagine on Auto CAD or computer aid design. That graphic design is then transferred (for lack of a better word) onto a machine that prints it out on a type of material that resembles vinyl roll up sheets. I’m going off of memory here so anyone who can chime in is more than welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After it is printed onto these sheets, you put in on your vehicle or whatever, and kind of stretch it out over the car or boat. You spray some Windex or equivalent to let it slide around so as to not wrinkle in-between the vinyl and vehicle. It is similar to installing window tint! You use a squeegee to work out the bubbles and wrinkles and such. I think it said that it had around 4-7-year warranty.

It will scratch and tear if you hit it with a wake board or ski, but it is really very durable. I think the show said that it cost around $2,500.00 to do the Nova that they were working on.

The cool thing about this is that you can have any kind of graphic or paint job that you want…it is only limited to our imagination!