Default 2001 Moomba Mobius DD Question

I am about to purchase a 2001 Moomba Mobius Direct Drive boat. I wanted to get some feedback from anyone who owns or has owned this boat. My questions are around: engine noise, power, speed, mobility, true person capacity, etc... Do/Did you enjoy the boat? Any information will be helpful. I appreciate all responses!

Yep, the engine makes noise. If it's not making noise, it's prolly not running
    But when it is running, it's not too loud.
    300hp is a lot of power.
    40-45 mph. More built for pulling than top end.
    If your at 20mph or faster and cut the wheel hard, stuff, including people, may fly out your boat. Very maneuverable.
    up to 10 I believe. Life jacket required for all on board. Under 13 yrs of age mandatory wear (in NC anyway). Over 13, don't have to wear.
    Mine's not the Mob '01, it's the OB '04. They are similar.
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Joe, I own a 2001 Outback LS. It is the same identical boat as the 2001 Mobius direct drive, just optioned differently. My boat does not have the tower or ballast. It may or may not have a different prop. Not sure.

I really like the boat. It is my first inboard. The quality appears at least as good as "premium" level I/O boats - I'd compare it favorably to our family's 2005 Sea Ray Sundeck.

The boat is a pleasure to ski behind. At around 30 mph, the wake flattens very well. At slower speeds, it has a much bigger wake, but it still not that large. I don't have any ballast, though. I'm not a good wakeboarder, but I've seen comments on here that indicate it should be a good boat for up to intermediate levels of wakeboarding. There are pictures on this site of people doing flips behind the regular Outback - and this boat should have a slightly bigger wake than that - plus add the ballast.

My comment to you would be that it is a used boat. If it's in great condition, it should be a great boat. There is a good bit of room inside it. I bought mine last fall It was in good shape, only 117 hours, always stored inside, and it runs and performs flawlessly. Very happy with the purchase. I think fuel injection is a big plus, but I've had carbeurated boats that ran like a top, too, so it's not a must. That year they offered a carbeurated version of the engine (rated 310 hp), a throttle body fuel injected engine at 320hp, and I think an EFI engine, too. Mine is the throttle body, I'm sure EFI is better. Runs very strong. No problem pulling a 230 pound slalom skiier out of the water with both feet in - unless they hit it too hard. If the boat has been well taken care of, it should be a great boat.

Joe, I own a 2001 Outback LS. It is the same identical boat as the 2001 Mobius direct drive, just optioned differently. My boat does not have the tower or ballast. It may or may not have a different prop. Not sure.

I really like the boat. It is my first inboard. The quality appears at least as good as "premium" level I/O boats - I'd compare it favorably to our family's 2005 Sea Ray Sundeck.

The boat is a pleasure to ski behind. At around 30 mph, the wake flattens very well. At slower speeds, it has a much bigger wake, but it still not that large. I don't have any ballast, though. I'm not a good wakeboarder, but I've seen comments on here that indicate it should be a good boat for up to intermediate levels of wakeboarding. There are pictures on this site of people doing flips behind the regular Outback - and this boat should have a slightly bigger wake than that - plus add the ballast.

My comment to you would be that it is a used boat. If it's in great condition, it should be a great boat. There is a good bit of room inside it. I bought mine last fall It was in good shape, only 117 hours, always stored inside, and it runs and performs flawlessly. Very happy with the purchase. I think fuel injection is a big plus, but I've had carbeurated boats that ran like a top, too, so it's not a must. That year they offered a carbeurated version of the engine (rated 310 hp), a throttle body fuel injected engine at 320hp, and I think an EFI engine, too. Mine is the throttle body, I'm sure EFI is better. Runs very strong. No problem pulling a 230 pound slalom skiier out of the water with both feet in - unless they hit it too hard. If the boat has been well taken care of, it should be a great boat.

Thanks Buttafewcoe and Volfo for the information. This will be my first inboard and we are very excited. This looks like a great bulletin board with lots of information. I believe my mind is made and I will be purchasing the boat this weekend, weather permitting.