Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I taught my wife last year. She does a great job. It took her a few tries to get the hang af the trailer. I can hardly wait. all this talk about trailering, getting ready. Its like Xmas all over again,\. Theonly thing wrong is Im 38 and feel like a 5 year old. OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN.
    Tazz

Guys!!!! What are you doing to me!!!!! My wife reads this post!!!!
    Now she is going to Stop backing the trailer down to the water, she is going to stop driving the boat off the trailer. She is going to stop loading the boat on the trailer. She is going to stop pulling the trailer up and off the ramp!!! All because she reads that you guys do this!!! Now I am going to have to do something rather than stand there and watch her!!!!

Honestly she does do this but she wanted too and she practiced, she drove slow and she has many years experience. And I do love watching, not her but the men waiting inline to launch their boats, they watch her then glancing over to their wives with a mean look!

Thats classic but not all of us have it that great Yet anyways.
    Ridin' Dirty!

Personally, I wouldn't care if all my wife did was go stand at the end of the dock and wait for me to get everything ready. You guys are missing the important part.....you are at the lake and your wife is letting you go!!! Anything else like a helping hand is just icing on the cake if you ask me!!! I am just glad that she comes with me, we always have such a good time on the water. Don't get me wrong though, I do appreciate how helpful she is at the ramp.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

You're kidding me? She's the one that got me interested in boating! My wife WANTS to get good at backing it in. Usually, she leaves me with the boat and she goes to get the rig and backs it in. It takes her about 10 tries, but she gets it! The kids cheer her on, make fun of her etc. It's all good!

Funny story about my skillzzz at the ramp;

One of the last days of the summer I took my buddies 23' Yahama SX230 out with a couple of other friends. It was a windy October day, and we were in Lake St. Clair. The launch we used had quite a current as I was trying to dock, and the twin jet drives were not making things easy. As I approached the dock (about 4 feet out) I got grabbed by a gust, next thing I know we are at the dock BACKWARDS! There were a good 10 or 15 people watching, I felt like such a tool, lol. I played it off cool, jumped off to go grab the truck/trailer, and my buddy flipped it around while I backed down the ramp, haha.

Jessec

You're right man. I'm just thrilled she wants to go to the lake! We too have a blast. Plus she's pretty cool when it comes to me wanting to save up & buy more toys for the boat.
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Ian, way back in the day, I lived on W. George Street in Hazel Park, Mi.
    We've cruised Woodward Ave more times than I care to admit. Do they still have the weekend cruise in around 14 mile rd?
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

We are a 2 boat family, my wife has the MasterCraft she is the skier. I have the 25 foot Proline, I am the fisherman.
    When we go skiing I drive the truck down the ramp and she drives the boat off and on. When we go fishing she drives the truck down the ramp and I pull the boat on and off. Now the smaller trailer is HARDER to back up than the big boat trailer, it reacts faster. And she does not want to deal with 2 throttles/engines that the fishing boat has. And actually the big boat is easier to handle because they are twin outboards and it WILL go where you want it to when you back up. So last year we go to the Dealer in Atlanta and test drive an outback V. At the end of the test drive with me at the controls I bring the boat back to the trailer (which incidently was backed into the water by the FEMALE owner of the dealer). And what do I do, I get all sideways and just completely mess up the approach!!! Should have let the inboard operator, in this case my wife, do what she does best! Yeah I had to look around to see who else was watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Buttafewcoe
    Ian, way back in the day, I lived on W. George Street in Hazel Park, Mi.
    We've cruised Woodward Ave more times than I care to admit. Do they still have the weekend cruise in around 14 mile rd?
    B
    I live right at 13 & Woodward, lol. During the summer there are all sorts of cars (muscle cars, imports, street rods, you name it) out every night of the week, they usually cruise from 11 mile up to Maple (aka 15 mile.) On the weekend groups congregate all up and down the road in various parking lots, its wild. They also have marketed 'The Woodward Dream Cruise' which is a huge event that spans from Detroit to Pontiac in late August that they claim draws over 1,000,000 spectators and cruisers.

I definately live in the motor city, and its evident when you get anywhere near the famous "Woodward Ave"