Well this winter I did not have very many projects for the Mobius. I am running out of things to modify and add. It must be getting close to getting another boat! Anyway, I had to build a custom light bar since I could not find one that at least tried to hide the wires. As many of you that know me, know that I can not stand visible wires. Also I wanted lights that were simply white, not chrome or stainless or polished, just simply white to match the tower speakers. Well after about three months of creating/scrapping and tweaking, the light bar is complete and installed! I started with a piece of aluminum stock and a large can of POR-15. Here are the results.

I removed the stock rubber plugs in the back of the lights and replaced them with rubber grommets and then ran black "tubes" that contain the wires through the grommets in the bar itself. NO WIRES!!! Well except the ones for the tower, but they will be hidden in a later step!

Running the wires through the tower....what a pain!

Man is this a hard hole to drill. I had to drink an extra beer to get my courage up!

Here is where I hid the wires betweed the tower and the light bar. A grommet was inserted into the tower as well as the light bar and a "tube" containing the wires was inserted between them.

Notice the single "tube" in the center of the light bar that contains all of the wires.