Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Terry Winter in the Trick Room

Hey, when can we see Terry Winter skiing behind his Outback in the Trick Room?
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

There is a great picture of Terry Winter skiing behind his Outback in the most recent edition of WaterSki Mag.

Nice to see.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

Go to the trickroom now. There is a link to click on that says learn to slalom. There are three clips there.

I took a look. I had to chuckle... Terry showing learning to slalom and it looks like he is at 39.5 off... I guess if you are going to learn might as well start at the top...

It did make for a better camera angle to be able to include the skier and the boat in the same image.

Seriously - I always appreciate any time one of the pros takes the time to put anything out there that might help the rest of us.

One question though. When he says you want your body 'in front' of the ski for a WCS turn, does anyone know what he means??

Some people might interpret that as leaning forward - which is clearly wrong... Or are we just talking more weight transfer to the front foot? Knees more flexed and forward? Does 'in front' refer to body in relation the direction the ski is traveling, i.e, along the longitudinal axis of the ski, OR body in relation to the boat path, ie., down course regardless of ski direction?

I read a while back when Jamie (or Marcus?) was talking about WCS and it sounded like it had it's roots in downhill skiing. In that case it is more a stable upper body down the fall line (parallel with the direction of boat?) which would require the 'counter rotation' that you hear so much about. But I don't see it as counter rotation of the upper body as much as an anti-rotation of the upper body? You let the ski and the lower body turn but you keep the upper body more open to the down-course path.

I am very much an old school style so have no real basis to speak here. Just questions. I did try what I thought was WCS on a couple of strong side turns and the additional speed actually startled me - so I went back to old school.

Maybe Gordon will straighten me out in April when we head down to Ski Paradise...

Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

What he actually means is that you want your body to lead your ski into the turn. You are right in assuming that you want your shoulders to remain counter (anti) rotated but you don't actually turn the ski you want to move your body "in front of the ski" in the direction you want to travel causing the ski to turn.

BensonWdby.....when are you headed to Ski Paradise?

Terry will be there the third week April.
    Can't wait to ski with him.....

malibuowner?!?! Wow thats pretty gutsy using a name like that here in the Moomba BB. Okay so now that you are here Malibu, how can us Moomba diehards help you to switch over to a real Boat!?
    2008 Mobius LS

Treat others the way you want to be treated!

Quote Originally Posted by bambam26
    malibuowner?!?! Wow thats pretty gutsy using a name like that here in the Moomba BB. Okay so now that you are here Malibu, how can us Moomba diehards help you to switch over to a real Boat!?

Malibu owner , must of thought to be flying "stealth Mode" Whoops.. :We'll have ya in a Moomba before you know it...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

It's all good fun.........

We all love the sport of water skiing and thats what really matters any way.

Now it I thought you were a wake boarder harrassing me then...............................

Welcome to the board, It is all in good fun.

Look forward to your take on skiing, boarding, surfing and skating, we all are weekend warriors who love quality boats and water sports.

JV
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold