Default Post your amp racks

I getting ready to mount my 2 kicker amps and at 20inches long i having a real hard time finding space so far i thinking i doing the drivers side right wall and passenger side left wall.

So who has some pics?

Also my other big problem mounting an Eq in my 05 lsv can not find anything to secure it to. Found several places i want to put it but nothing above it to secure it in place

Ive looked all over this site for pics of installs and found very few. This place is great dont get me wrong but for some things your better off using the search function on Wakeworl.com. For what its worth im also getting ready to install my amps (06 outback V) and im thinking under the drivers side behind my sub is going to be best. I dont want to loose the storage space in the passanger side so i'll just have my batteries and isolator switch in there, amps and sub on drivers side.

I just finished the install in my Supra about two weeks ago -- I'm pretty sure you could do the same thing in the newer Moombas. The front is mounted flush with the hull, and is mounted using an L-shaped bracket and one of the amp screws to the fiberglass bulkhead (you can see the bracket in the last pic). The back is mounted with shallow screws that go through the top of the bulkhead (you can see the heads in one of the pictures). Just don't use too long of screws!!! I made cardboard mock-ups before putting in, to be sure it fit and to get the angles correct. The panel is made of .5" MDF coated in fiberglass resin to waterproof it. I also moved the house battery forward to open up more storage space (the stereo battery is underneath the passenger-side seat).

Cal
    Yakima, WA
    2007 Supra 22SSV
    WashingtonWake facebook group

That is a great setup! I also have 3 JL amps. Have you had trouble with them overheating at all? I have been thinking about enclosing my rack with plexiglass and using fans to blow air through them...any thoughts?

I plan on adding another before summer. I guess I better hurry......
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V

Check my profile under mods