Default 99 mobius dual battery upgrade

I have a 99 Mobius and I also have a 1000w stereo system that my current battery just cannot handle. I have installed a second battery just for all the electronics saving the primary battery for ignition as well as the MDC unit. My question is this: is it easier to go with the multi battery switch or an isolator. If I understand correctly, The switch only switches between batteries so when one is dead I would switch to the other??? What if I need to use both batteries together ie; one for electronics and the other for ignition. If I put the switch to "both" wouldn't I be running everything at 24 volts? I have a good understanding of electrical systems I would just like some advice as to which way to go while being able to use both batteries at the same time. (not in parrallel of course) Thanks...

Easier, go with the electronic switching (battery isolator) as it does everything for you. If you want cheaper then the manual (Perko) switch. I prefer the method in my motorhome and that is a on/off toggle switch to a relay that you can turn on and off when you want and hooked to the ignition so it isolates when the power is turned off. RV stores have the relay.