Default 08' Outback V Owners

Sorry If ya'll are reading this again, I thought I started a new topic but here goes.

Hey guys, new to the forum but wondering if someone can help me out. I'm kinda at a crossroads. I'm really considering buying an 08' outback V, but here the dilemma. My Local dealer says they wont' be getting any in that aren't sold already, so basically that means they won't order a boat to have for you too look at. I said What the **************? How do you expect ppl to buy a boat sight unseen? But ppl are doing it. I know it's to keep cost down which I understand but I don't really feel the need to drive 6 hrs just to look at boat that I might not buy. Anyways, we live in a very rural area and are lucky to even have a dealer close like this. I'm wondering Can anyone send me some pictures of their outback V? Like different angles of the interior? Can you really fit 10 ppl in one comfortably or maybe 11 or 12 uncomfortably? This would help me out immensely. I don't know, maybe I just don't have enough faith to buy a boat without looking at. I commend you guys who have had the cahones to do that. If you could post here or send to my email [email protected] I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx in advance.

Where are you at? Maybe someone near you would be nice enough to take you for a ride. I was going to buy an Outback V this year, but after sitting in and comparing it with the LS DD I ended up getting the Mobius LS. About the same price after all was said and done and I can fit more people in the LS. See my pics in shes finally home, good luck..............Bambam
    2008 Mobius LS

Treat others the way you want to be treated!

Hydro,

I just bought a holdover 07 Outback V. I love the v drive setup with the wrap around seating. should fit 10 normal size people probably not 10 lineman from the NY Giants though. There are man pics in the pride & Joy section of this BB. My OBV pics are under "new addition to the Moomba Family" there are also plenty of other OBV 08's on there as well. The 07 and 08 are very similar with exception to cosmetics and options.

You can get your views from the BB, but always try test ride what you are going to buy or something similar like the mobius lsv( slightly bigger, heavier and deeper).

I did love my boat from first sight though....

Happy hunting.

JV
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Had my heart set on an Outback V for 6 months ever since I stopped a Moomba V owner on our lake. Drove 5 hours to the nearest dealer and took it out for a test drive. Fell in love with the seating arrangement too! I currently own a Old MasterCraft stars and stripes that only seats 5. Was told that if I waited until the boat show I could save mega bucks so after the test drive we drive the 5 hours back home to wait. It was a long long wait until the Atlanta Boat show. I mean I started wishing I just bought the boat when I had the chance. Get to the show and go striaight to the Outback V. Looked at it and knew it was the one, but hey we drove 5 hours to get the show so we have time to look at the other Moomba boats too! Now 2 hours go by and my wife and I keep going from the V to the LS. What is going on now? Wow! We can't seem to stop going and sitting in the Mobius LS. Bigger boat, deeper sidewalls, newer styling, newer hull, taller tower, can get a Z-cargo with the LS and not the V! Cost about 500 dollars less when equipped the same. Well I never got to test drive the LS, just sat in it at the show but you know what ....Our LS is scheduled to be built on Feb. 26 for a March delivery date!

I would agree with Z on the depth and the price with options. I too sat in the LS and was impressed with the feel and size. I am not sure you can get 13 adults in the LS with the DD in the center, I may be wrong..... as Z stated its better to sit in and feel the boat. It could change your mind.My dealer insisted we come down take a ride in all of them if we chose to..

JV
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I can't imagine that a dealer would not let you at least look at and sit in (no shoes) a customers boat. You may not be able to get a test drive in one unless the customer allows it (most of us would probably tell you to hop in if we were around), so most owners are probably the same, but you can never bank on that. But to simply look at and get a feel for it for 15 min ??? To make another $35K sale, the dealer should be able to handle this. I would not have minded if I knew someone was in my new boat for 10 minutes. Call and ask.

-J

I believe that is still the hull used on my Mobius in 05. Lots more bling now from what I saw at the boat show.

Find one local boat to look at. I love mine but it is the last of the race cars. Everything is going SUV. You may want an SUV.

I’ll get you some pictures if you really want them but that will not be the same.

Where is the lake they run the checkouts? That might be an hour closer.

The placard on my boat is 10. Ten is tight.

The Supra 22 says 13 or 16, maybe 23 --- but 10 is tight.

If you get more than 8-10, the time between runs gets a bit long. I would not go out with more than 10 and prefer about 5.

The LS states 13 but again who really wants that many people in your boat when you are out having fun! Maybe if you are running a ferry service across the lake!

Ed, I've seen postings that if you have more than the # of bodies you can get a ticket. To me, it really seems that it's a weight driven safety issue. Have you heard from any authority how they would handle this? I have 6 kids so usually lots of bodies but way light on the weight, even with 2 heavy uncles on board. I've never been stopped in the old boat but I think the outback is rated for 8 people but plenty of weight. Anyone else have experience with what they look for? Thanks!!

They look at the plackard. If it says 8 and you have 9 You're ticketed. They do ot care about the sacks on my lake at all.