Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amplified Subs

I got rid of everything. I am now installing the radio you told me about (3 RCA), polk audio DB651 in the boat, Polk Momo on the Tower, Boston Acustic Bass, and Kicker MX series amps. I am going to start on the install today and post pics as I go along.
    Tazz

I have a bazooka 10" w/ 200w powering it mounted under the glove box and and strapped down facing the bow, and it sounds absolutly great!! I had to turn it down b/c too much bass. BTW not marine or amplified.
    2005 Outback- Silver Gelcoat White Accent

Before I took delivery of my boat I knew that a good sounding system in it would be important and that dual batteries was a must. Here is a pick of what a custom job on a 10" Sub can look like under the instrument panel ( with a rise to extend legs if necessary ) I too had to turn the gain down because it was to much. But sounds terrific now, this one also like mentioned earlier is facing the bow. I couldn't put it under glove box because i had no room after dual batts. and dual amps.

JL Audio makes one of the cleanest sounds you can get in a Sub I have 2- 8"'s in my truck and wouldn't swap them out for anything. little bit more on cost but the quality is hard to beat.
    Ridin' Dirty!

WORD.........JL pounds

2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

JD,

is that a picture of the back of the sub cvered with carpet or is that a special custom carpeted upright with foot space to blend in with the interior.

JV
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Jv

That is a custom box with the sub facing the bow, when making the box I requested that they leave some leg room for the G/F and that is what they came up with. It is air tight and sounds great but it can easily be accessed by unscrewing the front cover, sorry no before pics but if u need more info let me know.
    Ridin' Dirty!

That looks real good JD. Im looking at doing the same thing plus one in the passanger storage aria.

Sled491 Guest

JD real clean looking. But what do I do when you have heaters?

sled

that is a good question. I regretfully do not have the heater system on my boat so in my case we just used the empty space to my benefit. Do u have the dual battery under your glovebox? And how Many amps do u currently have/plan to have?
    Ridin' Dirty!

Sled491 Guest

I have only the single battery right now, and have nothing purchased yet except for the 6 Polks for the cabin.