Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boat show pricing - quick help! Might buy a new boat today

I was at the Detroit Boat show yesterday and priced out a XLV Gravity Games. I 'supposedly' got he *Best Deal* right off the bat...but don't feel like I am. I was told the 'out the door' price is $50,250 with the following opions:

Stock I see the boat comes with just about everything - I added

Water strainer
    logo'd draw string cover

any thoughts? I am leaving for the show again in a little bit! Thank you so much!!

My suggestion would be to wait a day and call Lakota watersports:

http://www.lakotawatersports.com/contact2.htm

I'm not sure which is really closer to you. At the end of the day the best deal is not the last buck but the one you can use for service and mx.

It sounds like a fair deal. The boat show is the place to buy IMHO. All these boats are running away from what I paid in 05.

I used to joke that my Lund was my best investment in 2000 (remember the crash), but the LSV is not doing to badly either since the replacement cost keeps going up.

Watch the interest rate, you want fixed 12 years. Interest will be going up in 2009 and shooting up to crush inflation in 2010. Free money if you can avoid being forced to sell.

My $.02, worth what you paid for it.

SD2

Just an update.

I did not buy the XLV. I am not 100% on the deal yet. I love Moomba and am planning on sticking with it (bang for the buck) but might get in an LSV instead.

ALthough - I did price out a Malibu VLX...such a nice boat. At the end of the day I just don't know that I can justify spending extra money on the 'stock' bling. Things like the appearance of the boat, stitching in the upholstery/awesome dash/etc. when the difference in the price could be put into really pimping out a LSV.

Has anyone here bought an 08 LSV this year?

Thanks again guys!

Default price adjustability

The thing that we like the most about Moomba/Supra is that the price is relatively fixed. With the website telling you exactly what MSRP is with a trailer and every addon price factory controlled the whole bartering system is not there as much.

While dealers may be able to adjust their margin some you know that in the end it isn't as much as if you went to the other boat dealership where they make up prices for the towers, trailers, etc.
    Stephen
    Georgia Tech Water Ski
    http://waterski.gatech.edu
    Tournament info https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=5296

Sled491 Guest

Nboard10 brings up a good point. Why can't we buy some bling upgrade. Like carbon fiber dash or glove boxes stuff like that. These you could buy and intall yourself and let you truely customize your boat. SC gets to keep turning out and selling reasonably priced awsum ski and boarding machines and we the community can take it to the next level like the car tuners do

My guess would be it's kinda like the 'GEAR' section of the site here. Peeps say they want T-shirts and hats and stuff, so the company invests in stocking them, then very few people are interested. Although I do have to say I've bought a few items from here.
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Default 08 LSV

I just purchased an 08 LSV at the boatshow. The dealer really helped me out. Purchase price minus Tax was 39,500.00 He got the moomba rep to add an additional free option on the pick four, so I got 5, and the dealer threw in board racks. The dealer also told me upfront he could take 2000.00 off of thee msrp, then he gave me an additional 500.00 off for not having to deal with a trade in. Here are the options I ended up with. I feel I got a great deal.

Single Axle Trailer
    Apperance Pkg
    Wake Plate
    Gravity III ballast
    Depth Finder
    Upgrade Gelcoat
    Logo Cover
    Bimini Top
    Board Racks
    Stereo pkg

Good luck have had a great experience with moomba so far.

I would assume that you were dealing with Club Royale, from where you are they are only about an hour from you. I purchased my boat from them last year and got a very good deal, can't comment on the XLV Games though. Although I think you will be very pleased with everything they will and can do for you.

I was at the show looking at the BU's as well, they are an upscale boat for sure, they are better compared to the Supra line I would think, but it is still hard to beat the pricing on the Moombas. That said i do see myself getting one next year might be the vRide instead of the wakesetter, but I had a BU in the past and want another one, but without the wedge, I can't stand how the boat handles with that thing on it.

That would be cool to have a division of Moomba selling upgraded parts for boats. Something like Mopar. I have a Jeep Commander and have ordered a lot through them. Keeps the great feeling of a new purchase alive as you add to it.

Lane21 - You essentially have the boat I am looking for right now! The only thing I would maybe want is the tower speakers.... but have 4 and a light bar I can pull from my boat.
    Can I ask you what the tax ended up amounting to? I am not sure I was quoted tax yet. Sounds like your base price is great!

Where you at the Detroit Boat show?