Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

how easy is it to replace those...i would love to do that too.

not bad at all. You need a flat head, philips head, channel lock pliers and about 1 hr.
    I found on my LSV that in the rear compartments, there is a small carpeted board at the top/front of the compartment that has 2 philips head screws in it. take it off first and you can get to the hoses easier.
    Take the hose clamp off first, then take the nut off the back of the old thru hull fitting. Remove. Reverse. Literally 30 minutes for all 4.
    The front one was a little harder as it is between the front storage compartment and the drivers console area. I found it easier to crawl backwards into the front underseat storage. take all tools with you so you don't have to crawl back out.. this one would be easier if you had a helper outside to put the new one back in..

I was very pleased with how they turned out. $20 for these 4. Stainless cost about $25 each. Would be nice to have stainless, but was not up for $100 on this project.
    BW
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Sled491 Guest

I found some stainless ones from Defender Marine Outfitters for $15

Sick mod
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

I did this on day one. I got the chrome ones from the dealer and put them in my self. It was an easy upgrade.

[img]
    [/img]

better pic....
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

I already ordered mine from Overtons. I should get them next week. I am jealous of the pictures of the boats outside. It's still too cold to hit the lake in Las Vegas.

Aquaholic-- I like your rims on the trailer. Where did you get them? If possible, can I get the name of the rim. I like to change mine out.
    Tazz

Thanks Tazz, the wheels were an up grade when I ordered the boat. You can call Boatmate Trailers or go to there web site boatmatetrailers.com and buy direct or thru your dealer. They are the aluminum wheel at is still offer at SC. Tell them Zach Cannaday sent you. I sell you mine today cause I want this wheel set asap.

2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Hey Aquaholic,
    How hard was it to install new thru-hulls on your XLV? I have the same boat and access to the inside of the thru-hulls appears to be a bit different from the LSV's. Did you completely remove the rear access panel before installing? Mine seems to be attached down at the floor level somehow and I cannot find any exposed fasteners. There are (2) screws at the top which come out easily but it is definately still attached to the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Hey Aquaholic,
    How hard was it to install new thru-hulls on your XLV? I have the same boat and access to the inside of the thru-hulls appears to be a bit different from the LSV's. Did you completely remove the rear access panel before installing? Mine seems to be attached down at the floor level somehow and I cannot find any exposed fasteners. There are (2) screws at the top which come out easily but it is definately still attached to the floor.
    The boat he has posted is a Tige not an XLV.

I would start a new thread about Thul Hull install in an XLV I'm sure many other XLV owners can help you out.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]