Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Its been a while

Been a while since I've done any posting here. Can't belive I even remembered my password. I bought Waterboys old ride last February. Was supposed to make it to the jamboree but due to numerous things ( sick baby several days before leaving and the wife being sent unexpectedly to Chicago for work that week) we had to cancel. I am looking forward to making it this time. Hope to see Waterboy again and actually meet the soon to be if not already legendary Ed G. Boat ran flawlessly last year. I changed the graphics to '07 (what I call the "hurricane" decals) which really look good. Where we boat it has been called one of the prettiest on the water. Hope to post a pic soon if I can figure it out. Anyway, wanted to say hello again and certainly hope to see and meet everyone this April or May.

Monty

Monty, hope you can make it down-this could be a big year for the jamboree, and dont forget there's talk of one in atlanta also--you could get to both.

stacy

Boat is holding up and running great. We boat on a semi-private 500 acre lake right across the GA/FL line that is spring feed, which means no dirty water. It is one of 3 Moomba's and one of 2 yellow boats so it does stand out. Upgraded the stereo to Polk Audo, added another amp and rear sub. I think I'm going to change out the bimini top to yellow this spring. It does alot of tube pulling now with a 2 year old in tow. Thinking about a boom and trying to get him out on a ski skimmer this year.

I read on the boards about Brian having some problems with management there. I hate to hear that. Brian is a great person and an assest anywhere he goes. Please tell him hello and ole yella is being well cared for.

We are smack dab in the middle between Clermont and Atlanta so 2 jamboree's is possible. Guess I need to repack those trailers bearings.

Monty

Monty- Welcome back! I'm brand new here after switching from an outboard a couple weeks ago. I'm way at the N. end of Tallahassee.

I'm thinking of hitting one or both of those Jamborees too. Sounds like a heckuva lot of fun. Maybe I'll see you out somewhere this season. I usually run the Flint out of downtown Bainbridge.

Kaneboats,

Welcome! We live in Panama City and have ordered a new Moomba LS that is due in mid March. Currently we have a very old MasterCraft we use on Deerpoint here in PC. We often go kayaking on Lake Seminole, have you taken your boat out there?

Haven't been down that far. I moved here about 4 years ago from Chicago area. We went down to the Ochlocknee River State Park for almost 2 seasons before we discovered the Flint. I run up 27 to Bainbridge (38 min. from my house to ramp) and usually go north from there for smooth water and great skiing/boarding. I'll have to run over by PC one weekend this summer-- my brother's family has a condo down there so my wife and the little kids can do a short day and hang out with them by the beach or something.

You were the one that told me about the trouble light. Had to use your idea the last two nights. Just a little cold. I've only had the Outback for 2 weeks but I've been working on steadily to get ready for the season. Put my tower on last weekend. Thanks for all your help and kind words!

You guys are talking about things dear to my heart. I grew up on Lake Seminole. Learned to swim and ski on that lake ( back in the late 70's). We still have a house there and try to stay a few weekends out of the year. The weeds have just gotten so bad. Hard to belive when I was a kid they were really not that big a deal.

We do still boat on the Flint in Bainbridge from time to time. We hope this year to do a little more there. Our other lake is just so much closer. I actually chase bad guys for a living with a State agency and I am assigned to Bainbridge/Decatur County.

Kane, what kind of boat/color do you have so I can look for you? We will be on either a yellow Outback LS or my buds blue/white Supra Launch. We are thinking about doing a ride next month from the boat basin to Jack Wingate's for lunch or dinner.

Monty

I have a dark blue 2000 Outback LS with a black tower and FL registration. I haven't seen one like it near Bainbridge.

You may have seen me out before in my off-white Sunbird 17' outboard with a real high tan bimini and a homemade sky pole. Usually about 8 little kids hanging off it.

We have not been out in th Outback yet. I've only had a test run. The family wasn't with me so they are anxious to go out. A couple of weeks and we are going to have to at least go for a little ride. I don't know Wingate's; is it on Lake Seminole?

Shoot, that reminds me. My Sunbird is for sale. It's a very clean '97 with a 115 Evinrude -- good enough to sell to a family member. If you know anyone, kindly point them to:

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/boa/575720547.html

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MOOMBA_97
    You guys are talking about things dear to my heart. I grew up on Lake Seminole. Learned to swim and ski on that lake ( back in the late 70's). We still have a house there and try to stay a few weekends out of the year. The weeds have just gotten so bad. Hard to belive when I was a kid they were really not that big a deal.

We do still boat on the Flint in Bainbridge from time to time. We hope this year to do a little more there. Our other lake is just so much closer. I actually chase bad guys for a living with a State agency and I am assigned to Bainbridge/Decatur County.

Kane, what kind of boat/color do you have so I can look for you? We will be on either a yellow Outback LS or my buds blue/white Supra Launch. We are thinking about doing a ride next month from the boat basin to Jack Wingate's for lunch or dinner.

Monty
    Boy you guys are bringing back some memories.

I grew up on Lake Seminole in the 80s, they were really fighting hydrilla when I moved away. Still have some friends on the lake, but have not been back in nearly 10 years.

Skied on the Flint too, even did a few barefoot ski shows in the Bainbridge boat basin, in the early 90s. Hadn't thought about that in a long time.
    It is better barefoot!