Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby
    The other reason we pull in the rope is so that it does not drag behind the boat and spin. Allowing the rope to spin obviously twists the rope. Then the next time you take off the tension on the rope wants to try to un-twist - but it can't because the skier has the handle. In my opinion this increases the probability of breaking fibers in the rope due to torsional forces.

Something I often do with my ropes is to untwist them when no one is skiing. One more reason to stand in the boat and look like you know what you are doing, whether or not you are really helping ??? I like to think so..

Dave
    Try a higher quality rope next time you need one. Masterline makes an awesome rope that doesn't twist and coil like cheaper made slalom ropes do...............imho.

Not only does it not twist as much it will also be easier to ski. Cheaper ropes act like a bungee. When you come of your pull throught the wakes into your preturn a spongee rope will pull you up to soon taking away out bound direction.

Sled491 Guest

Hmm a Malibou owner eh, no problems :P

Maybe I'm wrong but wakeboard ropes are made with no give so that they do not get a bungee effect as they load up on the wake and release or pop. But a slalom skier needs a bit of stretch in the rope due to the extreme loads put on by a full pull as it were, also a tight rope could actually cause an injury by causing a no give situation and pull you over your ski.

If I'm wrong let me know, I'm alsways interested in learning

You are correct when you say slalom skiers need a little give.
    You just don't want your rope to be to soft and basicly cause the same problems it causes wake boarders......