Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bimini

Default Bimini

I ordered an Outback DD w/tower. I didn't order the bimini, my wife wants one. Should i add it to my order, or get an aftermarket? Which would be cheaper/better?
    d

You have to have a Bimini! I would call the dealer now and get it because if you don't have a tower it would not be a problem getting an aftermarket one but since they mount to the tower I am not sure you could get the kind of fit like they have from the factory. Our time on the water increased dramatically after we installed a bimini! It is nice to be in the sun some but NOT all day!

skidim (Vince) can get you the Moomba Tower Mount Bimini aftermarket if you choose to wait. However, there will be a new shipping charge and you will have to install it yourself. Correct me if I am wrong but I am fairly certain this does not ship UPS etc. So you will have a motor freight charge that could get close to $100.00 I ski with the people at skidim and still paid around $500.00 for mine in 06. Get it now, save the shipping charge, and it will already be installed when you get your new boat.

I just called my dealer and left a message. My spray date isn't until the 18th so it should be fine.

danimal - One other item to consider is a heater. This and the bimini are the two creature comforts that can make a big difference in your day's enjoyment. The heater unit is located on the floor in the driver cockpit area. It includes a vent that directs warm air at the driver's feet. Main heat delivery for passengers is via two- 4" retractable hoses that can reach from the cockpit up into the bow seating area or back towards the motor box. Put the fan speed on low and it will blow warm air in abundance. Here in the upper Midwst where you and I live it comes in handy in the spring and fall, or on those summer days that are on the cool side. If it fits in your budget (don't recall the $) and the factory can accomodate a late request, I would encourage you to give it serious consideration along with the bimini. Congratulations on the Outback DD w/ tower. You are in for a treat this summer. - Deerfield

Sled491 Guest

Deerfield is right, with our hit and miss summers up here the two biggies are the bimini and the heaters.

You guys are freakin me out with the heater stuff!

this is why you need a heater!

hey, we weren't the only ones on the water
    i think i need to make the pics smaller
    this was thanksgiving 2007

Awesome! I love to ski but being such a cold weather wuss I will just have to wait. But rest assured I will be showing my wife these pictures! She used to compete in ski tournaments in March and April but again this was in the south. I think she will like seeing these pics! What is that a 6mm thick wetsuit?

22!!! I wish it was that warm here! It was -2 on the way to work this morning.
    D