Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Storage Space

Default Storage Space

As Ive said before I ordered a 08 lsv and havent even personally been on one yet. I was hoping one of you guys might be able to tell me where on the net I can find pictures of the boats storage space. I ordered extra vests and other gen. must have items and just keep thinkin where am i gonna put all this stuff. Also can you put anything in the back with the ballast bags back there? I would think that you wouldnt want anything loose around the bags that may cause them to tear. Or is there enough room you could put stuff beside them without hurting them? Thanks
    ________
    NU50
    Last edited by ajmoritz17; 01-22-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Adam,
    I have an older Mobius LSV (same as the current Outback V) and we store a lot of stuff in the rear lockers even though we have the Gravity III ballast system. I actually keep my slalom ski in one and I think we carry about 5 extra PFD's for everyone to use. All of them are thrown in on top of the ballast bags. If we are going to be out for an extended day and we need extra cooler space I will bring a small igloo cooler that can hold a dozen or so cans and it goes in the rear locker as well. I also keep a combo set of water skis in the in-floor locker on top of my ballast bag 50% of the time and we have not had any trouble with the bags. They are really durable.

With all of the extra space in the larger LSV you should have no problems finding a place to put all your stuff! I just wish we have a storage area long enough to hold a wakesurfer. I believe in your boat you can lift the observer seat cushion up and the adjoining seats to open up a huge storage area where in my boat they are separate individual areas. Enjoy figuring out the best and most convenient places to store all of your gear. I know when we first got into boating it was fun moving stuff around until it found a permanent home!

The storage capacity on the 07-08 LSV is unbelievable! Going from my little Bayliner to this boat, I don't know how to act! I would think that the preferred location to store PFD's would be in the rear lockers, being that once you hop in the boat, you should be using those anyway. Tow ropes, handles and other smaller items should go under the seats. I haven't yet explored my entire boat (I bought it and parked for the winter without using it at all!).

jburnside, you said that there is another huge storage area under the observation bench? Does the compartment under the bench open up once you remove the bench? If so, that is even more incredible!

tigers- you just put the pfd's and stuff right on top the ballast bags? where do you move everything when you fill the bags? or do you just leave it all in and theres plenty of room for the both?
    ________
    iolite vaporizer

AJ - as been said the storage is awesome. There's a huge locker underneath the port dash (provides easy access to the stereo, battery). There's also storage under the observation seat. As far as the rear lockers go - they are huge. We store extra PFDs, soft water toys (aka friggin' tubes) and tow lines back there on top of the bags. You are going to love this boat!

AJ,
    I keep all my extra pfds (orange cheap ones, older vests) under side seats. I put my main 3 PFD's we use regularly in lockers where rear ballast sit. I have upgraded 750lb bags and still have plenty of room in there. we have actually put a wakeskate in there while filled too. I would love to find a tray that hung from the top to store stuff over the ballast.
    I moved from an 04 Outback to 06 LSV and the space difference is HUGE.
    I also keep some of the cheap pfd's under front seats. I keep about 10 PFD's on board incase we have a large crew..
    I dont think you'll have any trouble storing stuff..
    I also keep my type IV throwable PFD under driver console.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

x2.
    I haven't fileld the bags all the way up, but somewhere here I read that you still have room to store stuff on top of them.

There is plenty of room even with the bags full. Also a PFD is probably not going to poke or tear the bags. I store wakeboards on top of them when going to and from the lake. No worries.

Thanks for the help-good to know!!!
    ________
    Kawasaki F2

AJ, I added two 750 sacks to the back of my 07 lsv and like you was worried about storing on top of the bags, I bought a pair of the small atv cargo nets and strung them over the area above the sacks, I can store three life vests a side plus all my ropes not in use. You can reach through the nets if you need to get into the bag area when they are not full or just un hook one side of the nets and open up the entire area.