Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 6 more weeks of winter

PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. - Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow Saturday, leading the groundhog to forecast six more weeks of winter.

Well, it's official. I hate to be the bearer of bad news .
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Hogwash!!!!....actually 'groundhog wash'!!!!....I'll be out on the river come 1st week of March. I may have to drain the block a time er two by April, But we'll have 70's + days, I'm sure. I'm jones-in and am ready fer the boating season to begin.
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Butta,

I'm with ya. Come the 1st week of March I'll be itch'n to go. Shoot, I'm itch'n now. I'm not goin to let a rodent dictate my lake time.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

i cant wait also, just got my surfboard and new kneeboard and balast bags last night---cant wait for the water to warm up a little, well maybe next weekend will be long enough to wait.

gotta love florida

stacy

Sad thing is that giant rat is probably more accurate than our local weather geek!

waiting for the water to warm up? I'm waiting for it to get soft! we'll be riding when the as soon as we can get all the hard spots out. no worries about the winter forecast.

we rode today, me & bride in boat... josh boarding. 70's air temp, water like glass, much nicer than yesterday, kinda breezy and chill factor... lake temp is still hi 50's - lo 60's I'm guessing. (temp meter on bass boat acting up) I'm really starting to jones for some warm weather/water... spring is coming and I cant wait ! on another note I found a beautiful 24' ssv Supra I'd love to bring in the spring with but finances aint lining up every time we go out and have to fill the floor of boat with sacs and can barely walk around it makes me long for a V drive. It'll happen Lord willing , in His time. so for now we'll just phatsac up and pull kids, de-sac and me and mama can cruise... we are blessed... life is good

hey butta, when your just going to have an over-night freeze and not a long extended run of sub-freezing temps why not just put you a 100 watt bulb in bilge with a cheapo reflector ? this is what I do when we have those dips into 20's or teens. I usually will run two bulbs in case one goes out, but it keeps it toasty warm in engine compartment. red-neck winterizing I guess...

I did that light bulb thing last winter. I figgered draining the block and manifolds and keeping the intake valve closed on the ballast fills was enough to keep something bad from happening. So far so good, though. I ain't had her out since November. And we did have that snap where it was in the teens.
    That reminds me, I need to put the battery charger on for a few hours.
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Our ice does not normally go off till the first week in April. No dry suit. so instead I am headed to Ski Paradise in Acapulco in April. I am guessing the water is a little softer there that time of year ...

Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off