Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tools and spare parts to keep in boat

Looking for some advice from all you experienced Moomba owners. What tools and spare parts do you keep in the boat in case of a breakdown?

I'm not a Moomba owner, YET; but that will all change here in the next couple weeks. However, in response to your question, I've always kept a five gallon gas can in my boat. This is due to each gas gauge in all the boats I've owned becomes less and less accurate the more gas you burn. I never want to have to be towed in due to running out of gas. I also keep a small tool kit complete with screw drivers, ratchets, sockets, wrenches, etc. It's also not a bad idea to have a basic first aid and flare kit onboard. Also, remember to check your fire extinguishers on a regular basis.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

All the above and I keep a spare impeller and spare belt. A good knife is ideal too in case someone wraps a rope in your prop.

the only problem I've ran into being out on the water is overheating, which was caused by crap getting sucked into the filter.

We just keep a multi-socketed screwdriver, and 2 cresent Wreches.

I keep a pair of swim goggles in the glove box. Makes it much easier to clear a rope that is wound around the prop.

Think about a slit piece of hose material and zip ties. If you have a line that splits a leak you can put a temp patch with the hose and zip ties.
    Also if you have a heater and the core fails keep a piece of hose to jump the water feed and return together at the block. Assorted ss clamps are always good to keep on hand. Also if you do not have dual batteries you
    may want to keep a portable battery jumper onboard. Aligator clips that are wired together to jump wires, faulty ignition key or bad lanyard is not a bad idea. The CG around here does safe boating checks as well as random stops, first aid kit, flares,fire ext always makes them happy. One
    thing that many dont know is a bailing device is something that they have looked for. I keep a bucket that one of my anchors in my back ski locker sits in, keeps it clean and if asked I have it. Oh and 2 anchors is wise.

We have everything listed so far on our boat! The only thing we have had to use so far is the jumper pack. A too few many beers being consumed while listening to the radio too long equals a dead battery!!! Jumper pack is a must!!!

Additions to above.

A VERY strong flashlight to work on engine in the dark.

A super powerful spotlight (if you don't have a light bar) to get you home in the dark after using your flashlight to find the problem in the engine compartment only to now have to navigate home in complete darkness!! Lakes with rocks/markers/stumps/Ed skinny dipping (or chunky dunking which ever the case may be) at night are all thinngs you do not want to run into in the dark. Store a cigarette lighter operated flood light under the helm just in case!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G
    dats right.

seein' me naked, day or night, ain't a pretty sight for anyone.
    But boy do you look good CLOTHED on a wake surfboard without a rope!!! I know I am jealous!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I thought a spot light was a mamdatory item on board. The hunting glow sticks that you snap are very handy I just started carrying them onboard last year as a flashlite always seems to conk out when most needed. It would also seem that an extra pair of board shorts might be a wise thing if
    Ed is onboard. All kidding aside not a bad idea I have taken a few bad crashes and benn ankle cuffed by board shorts.

ditto the knife.. overtons has a neat Marine tool kit that;s pretty affordable. wife got one last year, been handy to have onboard.
    I have used the knife TWICE!! no fun. I like the goggle suggestion cuz gettin the rope off the prop aint easy..
    I plan on getting batt jumper pack..

BW
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold