Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default guide pole covers

I have a 2007 Outback, it is stored under a shed, and I put about 60 hours on it from May to September. The factory guide pole covers are already faded and gray. I am not impressed with them at all, I was considering buying a replacement pair, but at that price I will buy generics.
    It is better barefoot!

Default skid marks

Recycling an old post. Redmobius explained the same problem that I am having. An 05, stored in the garage where the covers have faded and now leave a white streak from the lettering on my rub rail. Very time consuming to get the marks off. I have searched Overtons and wicked wakes, but can't seem to find the product. Looking for just straight black covers with no lettering on them. Any suggestions on where to find them? Thanks

silverski,

when I picked up our boat at Atlanta Marine they had replaced the moomba guide pole covers with Atlanta Marine covers. I then noticed a huge stack of Moomba Guide pole covers in the parts department. They are the ones they took off and replaced with theirs. You might want to try calling them and see if they will sell them cheaper than what they list for since they have so many.

www.atlantamarine.com

Here are the Overtons pads: http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1008&r=view

(search for guide pads) I just got mine...they are ok I guess for $30. Better than the old beatup ones that came on my used trailer.

I bought my boat last September and my dealer gave me a pair, but they have already faded and turned grey. Might as well just get the cheaper one's from Overton's.
    2007 Outback

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    silverski,

when I picked up our boat at Atlanta Marine they had replaced the moomba guide pole covers with Atlanta Marine covers. I then noticed a huge stack of Moomba Guide pole covers in the parts department. They are the ones they took off and replaced with theirs. You might want to try calling them and see if they will sell them cheaper than what they list for since they have so many.

www.atlantamarine.com
    Z:
    So your trailer advertises for them now??? LOL!
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

Smile

GT,

Yeah my trailer has always advertised Atlanta Marine they are a great dealership!!!!
    It was another dealer in another state that I had the issues with the engine. And NO I don't have that dealers guide poles on my trailer.
    Atlanta Marine is the No.1 Moomba dealer in the USA and Lisa and Tim have always treated us Great!!!!! The problem is they are 6 hours away and it is not practical for me to take the boat there. However, I recommend them to anyone in our around Atlanta.

Well my boat came with them and they did not last long at all. My boat has the stainless steel rub rail with the screws about ever 10" or so. The nylon would get snaged by the ever so subtle edges of the screws. They did not last one summer. So what I do now is wrap the poles with the foam and use electrical tape. This sucks as well. I have to repair the pads after eack launch and trailering. Ihave been thinking of having a couple covers made out of cordura and see how it holds up.

Sled491 Guest

I quess they were made to be throw away. I mean at the end of the day they are doing there job. Mine faded bad as was stated before, but at least no harm came to my boat. Let me know how those Cordura ones turn out

I have the stainless rubrail also and the covers got ripped the first time we took the boat out. It's been fine since though. If only my wife would drive straight. She seriously used to load the Outback much better than she does the LSV. I can't say anything though, she's better than me and I have yet to load or unload the LSV.