Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default looking for new prop

Looking for new prop or spare prop as I have dinged mine up this fall, it's actually in not bad shape but thought that I should look for another one. Should I stick with 3 blade or look at the 4 blade , we mostly ski and also wondering where to look for best deal,also need puller. Is a 05 outback L or R I know my boat has a 13X13 but don't see whether L or R?

I recommend that you find a prop repair shop. They can fix just about anything and will tell you if they can't fix it. That service should fun less than $100. There are several places to purchase props and prop pullers online. If you have a prop repair shop near you, you may be able to borrow one, which is cheaper. As for 3 or 4 blade, many people have different opinions on this.

There are some good discussions on this subject and you just need to read some of the threads. I ski a lot and I think from reading on the subject and from experience that a three blade would work better than the 4 blade SS I have now.

1" Spline and Left Hand
    one option... go ahead and buy new one now.. get other prop repaired later for spare.. especially if you go with upgrade prop..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I don't know of any repair shops in Sask, but there is one just north of Calgary. The last prop they repaired for me cost $130. Check their web site www.prop-masters.com . I have a 98 Outback and have a three blade 13x13 and the boat also came with a four blade 13x13. I have not used them back to back, but I could'nt say there was any difference.

freyse,

You say dinged it up? Are there many stumps in your lake? If so I would shy away from a stainless prop because if you hit something again it will transmit more of the force up the driveshaft into the strut and engine. As far as getting it repaired it is no problem and you should be able to find someone near you. We pay 90 US dollars usually for a damaged prop around here. Much better than forking out 400 bucks for a new one!

I usually ding my prop and have to repair twice a year. I alternate between my original OJ 4 blade and an Acme 3 blade. Cost to repair is about $80.

Then may I suggest you change your user name to "Shallowcove"!
    We have a cypress stump near our dock. Before I was brave enough (there is an alligator that lives somewhere over in that area) to mark it with a piece of rebar and cover that with some pvc tubing we hit it twice!!! It used to be 60 dollars to get them repaired but the guy has gone up to 90 dollars. He gets almost all of the business in the Panama City area and when you go there you see brass props lying around up to 2 and 3 feet in diameter (shrimpers and charter boats). What seemed like a big prop turns might teeney when I hand it to him. I hate to see what those guys have to pay!

Actually I did not hit nothing , what happened is I had my wife bring boat onto the lift and she went to far forward and the prop hit the lift . We don't have to worry about any stumps in our lake .I will give that place a call north of Calgary and by what I seem to be hearing I will stick with the 3 blade. What sights should I check out on the net for props , I think it will be cheaper to get one out of the States even with shipping and duty.

I've bought spare props from Bart's Watersports.

www.barts.com

It's been a few years since I've had to replace one but they carry a nice selection.
    2008 Outback
    325 EFI
    Gravity 1 Ballast and Multi Sport Wake Plate
    Rad-a-cage
    OJ 4 Blade 13x13 Prop
    5 Seasons pulling the Ski Team and still going strong!