Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobius LS

Default Mobius LS

Long time listener first time caller.

Well the time has come. The wife got her bigger house, and now I am allowed to buy my boat. I have been researching the moomba line for about two years. I test drove a LS three years ago. My family and I will be using the boat for slalom, wakeboarding, tubing and if I can figure out how Ed.G does it, wakesurfing .

I think the right boat for us is the Mobius LS. The options that we have chosen are the Depth finder, Gravity III ballast and water strainer. The factory incentives would be the appearance package, wake plate, and stereo. The Boat Configurator shows a price of 36,065.00. My questions are:
    1)Are there any other options I should look at?
    2)Should I expect to pay less or more than the boat configurator price at a boat show?
    3)Can I expect to get anything free from the dealer.

Well I am going to leave it up to the wonderful people on this board. From what I can tell over the years you won't steer me wrong.

Thanks
    keastr

keastr - Livin' here in the Midwest, you might want to think about ordering a heater for your boat. Makes a difference on cold days. Got one on our 2007 Outback. Really nice to have. - Deerfield

Default options

I think a Bimini is important as well as the heater. I know that both those items are things I wouldnt want to leave off. I ordered my LS in November and it will be here in 2 weeks or so. I also orderd the snap on cover for it too..............just my 2 pennies worth..........

Brian Raymond Guest

keastr, welcome to the board. I would definately take advantage of the boat show deals. There is reduced pricing and some great factory incentives only available at the show. This would be your best opportunity to get into "your" boat. I am sure Ed.G will be more than happy to instruct you on the art of wakesurfing. There are Moomba Jamborees held across the country for Moomba boat owners, it is a great time for owners to trade stories, show off thier riding skills (and lack thereof) and thier boats. It is a great time for food fun and fellowship. Brian Raymond

Brian Raymond Guest

Posted: 17 Dec 2007 15:50 Post subject: Now is the Best Time of Year to Buy a Mooomba

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are looking to buy a new Moomba, now is the best time of year.

Once a year factory incentives are available exclusively during local boat shows. Moomba is offering buyers premium options to choose from, adding a significant amount of value while providing the best warranty coverage available in the industry for free.

Moomba’s pick any four factory incentives will save you up to $3,380 and with Moomba’s all new L4 Warranty, the boat of your dreams has just became even more attractive. The only difficult decision you will have to make is selecting which model you want and the factory incentives to go along with it.

To view the 2008 Boat Show Specials, go to the Home Page and click on the black box that reads “2008 Boat Show Specials”

Hope to see you at your local Boat Show!

zegm

Posted: 17 Dec 2007 17:01 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Natalie!

I was just on the phone with my dealer and he told me the incentives were online but I couldn't find them.
    See you at the Atlanta Boat show!!!!

Buttafewcoe

Posted: 17 Dec 2007 19:53 Post subject:

http://www.moomba.com/images/08_Comp...mpetition-.jpg
    B

keastr,

Sounds like the boat you want is the one we ordered last Saturday at the Atlanta boat show a Brittany Blue LS!!! My wife fell in love with the z-cargo bimini top and one reason why was it has room to put a tube up there! And that option is not available on the Outbacks. Now I personally don't care to go tubing but we have a couple of young ones. We were set on a Outback V but my wife is a big time slalom skier and after talking to a few people at the show and most importantly sitting in the V and then the LS back to back we choose the LS. If most of your sports are concerned with a bigger wake then go with a Outbackv/LSV (I know the LSV cost a penny or two more) but if you want to do all around water sports the LS is the ticket. One final thing we noticed too (and again I swore I was getting an Outback V) was the LS has deeper freeboard and so the seats sit higher off the floor, what this means is we just noticed the LS also felt more comfortable, this would also apply to an LSV. Good luck!!!

Mr. Boat Boy sir,

Please look out for a Brittany Blue LS scheduled sometime around Feb. 26 to be started! That is my 8 year old daughter and my 10 year old son's birthday present to their mama!!!! It would be the one with the teak deck!

Thanks,

the WHOLE FAMILY!!!!!

Hey
    would the factory tour be possible? i might consider driving there to do such a thing, then pull the ride home and stop at lots of places along the way that i would not usually be able to see.

oh, i still need the dealer to do their stuff first. i understand you can't just "drive it off the floor"

zeg, watch out for your LS sister, the LSV in Brittany Blue pattern A i believe they may be pretty near each other on the line.

Thanks for the info. The reason I am looking at the LS is becsause I like to ski, but because of having two young boys, I know the wakeboarding will be coming soon. With this set up it sounds like I will be able to wakeboard and ski and with a couple of extra friends in the boat, I will be able to wakesurf.
    zegm how much did you end up getting your boat for. Just kind of wondering how much money I will save when buying at a boat show. I have a couple boat shows to chose from. I have the Lansing boat show, which is this weekend but it is not that big, and the Grand Rapids boat show in Feb. (the dealer I have been working with will be at both). Then I have the option of the Detroit show with another dealer.
    keastr

Sled491 Guest

Keastr,

I think you'll like the extra freeboard you'll get with the Mobius. Also by going with the Mobius you get more standard options. Like was mentioned before by Deerfield heaters in the Midwest is a must, also the bimini is very nice, and lastly Perfect Pass or as it is also known as "the Marriage saver" is a must