Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rope Length

Default Rope Length

I was wondering what a good length of rope to run is. I have a 2002 Outback LS with a tower and sacks. We have run as close as 45 feet and the new Accurate rope I bought is 70'. 70' seems a long ways from the boat and the wake is not nearly as big. Comments appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

Default Rope Length

i have an ouback with the tower as well, 70' works well..but you can shorten or lengthen the rope a few feet if needed to find the sweet spot on the wake. I use 2 phat sacks and added 5 feet to my rope (75') and get a really good pop off the wake
    2002 Moomba Outback Red

It also depends on what speed you run as to where the wake is good, 45' is really short though, I would suggest 65' @ 21 mph to start with, if the wake is too small..add weight!

I dont know how u can board at 45'. Arent you still in the rooster tail a lil bit? I board at 55'-60' off the tower and it's perfect as far as distance and wake sweetspot.
    Get High or Go Home!!!

I use a 60' rope, too. I'd like to try another 5 or 10 feet in length just to see what it's like, but that's how long the rope came...I wonder if using a length of my wife's slalom rope would be too stretchy to use. Any thoughts?

Brian

Default Rope type/length

I use a proline slalom rope with sections. I am not a very experienced rider by any means, but I've used it at full length and at 15' off. I prefer the 15' off, the wakes from my boat are cleaner and close enough together to either get to them or clear them. Full length (75') is a long ways apart, but I am not using a tower or pole either, so who knows.

I don't notice a lot of stretch, but I am sure there is some, just not to where I notice it.
    88 Supra Bravura

If you get a non-stretch rope you will notice a difference. The stretchy ones are dangerous we had a couple pop back into the boat and hit people. The second time it was really bad and nailed a girl in the observers seat. Usually the big pop backs happened with beginning riders who were trying to get up, but when we got the new rope I noticed a big difference. You get a lot more pop by being able to load the line up and you stay more stable in the air and on landing.

I personally wouldnt use a link of Poly rope, they do have the 5' extensions at most boardshops and definetly @

http://www.buywake.com/catalog/index...C19EA9E098863D

Thanks for the advice, Noneya. I picked up an extra section at the local ski and board shop for a few bucks. Next week I'll be jumping farther than I ever have before ...God help me.

Brian

Right on...just make sure you land it!! haha

I was riding at 60 feet last year and added another 5 feet this year. I tried 70 feet but just could not clear to the other wake without going faster than I was comfortable with. 65 seems perfect for my skill level but as you get better add more so that you have more time in the air to pull your tricks