Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Malibu Can't we all just get along????? I am just playing with you thats all. If I didn't say something I am sure someone else would have razzed you a little. But your right we are all skiers just enjoying life!
    2008 Mobius LS

Treat others the way you want to be treated!

Ed - Gordon Rathbun - owner and coach at Ski Paradise.

MBO - thanks for attempt at clarification. I will need to think on that. I have my own idea of what these guys mean by WCS. I am sure I will get a taste at SP.

Thanks
    Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Malibu
    Welcome to the site! I must admit you are braver than I! I own a MasterCraft but decided not to make that my user name but since you came out of the closet well............actually you must be careful because the guys are this post are very passionate about their Moombas. VERY PASSIONATE! I mean I felt the heat and it didn't stop. I tried to pacify them and told them I would look at the Moombas at the Atlanta boat show. Well that wasn't good enough, I still felt the intense pressure from these very passionate Moomba owners. I was stuck, how can I enjoy the camaraderie, the knowledge the experience of this board without the guilt and shame of being a MasterCraft owner. It got to me man..................the only way I could live with myself....................well to make this short my new Moomba should be here in a couple of weeks. Hopefully then I will be accepted and the guilt and shame of owning that MC will pass!!!!

Well I have skied central Fla.

A few years ago I spent some Time in Ft. Laud. and skied a couple days with Ann McGinnis. They have a pretty nice setup there, if not strange considering how close they are to the surrounding residential neighborhood.

In that same trip I also skied with Mike Siepel in West Palm Beach. That was interesting. We skied on a canal that got progressively narrower the farther inland you went . At the time I was skiing 15 off mostly, but felt I was dodging docks and trees so went to 22 off for safety. As it was I ended up in a branches of a downed tree after one fall....

Back in '93 I spent a few days in Orlando at Sonnesta Villas (now some kind of time-share setup) on a semi-private lake. I don't recall exactly where it was but it was close to the Peabody Hotel (the one with the ducks). Some British guy was running a ski school there and had a course. I tipped their driver to pull me one morning before the conference I was there for. They did not tell me about the gator that lives there until after I got back on shore.

All of these sites were interesting and I would probably ski them again. So at least I have something to compare to when I get to SP. If you want some advanced photos check these out:

http://www.freedomslalom.com/site/
    http://www.skiparadise.com/
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Hey, my wife and I are going to McGinnis in April. I hope to be able to ski the course 15' off at 32mph and my wife will be working on deep water starts.

I've heard only good about their setup. I'll be bringing down my new ski (connely F1x).

Right now I have to go shovel the drive again as Toronto is close to setting a 70 year old snow fall record.

Last week we were in Quebec down hill skiing and now I've pretty much had enough of winter. My Moomba is is pining!
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

GATORS!!!!!! Thats enough for me to stick to land............LOL
    2008 Mobius LS

Treat others the way you want to be treated!