Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covers

Default Covers

Does anyone know the differences between all of the cover options listed on the boat builder. There are 3 different options and prices but without a picture I have no idea what they are?

The cockpit / tonneau cover is 2 separate covers that snap to the boat. You'll have to get a bunch of snaps drilled into the fiberglass. That's the only trailerable cover Moomba offers.

The logo cover is the cover that covers the whole boat and holds on under the rub rail.

I'm not sure what the tonneau cover by itself is.

dtlaine,

thanks! that helps me decide! I really don't want a bunch of snaps all over the boat.

There have been a lot of posts recently about the Logo Cover. I have one on my OB V I purchased in December, and so far, it's been great. The boat sits by the dock all day every day (except when I'm out using it, enjoying the lovely South Florida weather). The water beads up, and it fits really well. Members on this site said they deteriorate over 12-18 months, but maybe Moomba has improved them recently.

I think that if you search, you'll see that there have been some aftermarket sources mentioned recently that members think are better.

Good luck.

Then what is the Tonneau cover? I see it list for 195 on the boat builder. I am going to order a boat this Saturday at the boat show and the wife is already freakin out on the cost after we pick all of the options we want. Yes these boats are at a great price but when you start adding all the things you want it builds quickly!!!

Default i have some simialr concerns

i too will be buying ordering a boat in the next couple weeks.

i have to disagree with dtlaine. the owners manual says not to trailer with the either the cockpit cover or the tonneau cover (pg 54) i don't know the difference between the tow really is, nor do i know what they recommend trailering with.

will you be ordering with the pp installed, or is the moomba cruise sufficient?

i can feel the anticipation, i have till the 19th to get mine set.[/quote]

Default i have some simialr concerns

i can feel the anticipation, i have till the 19th to get mine set

what about the stereo? i will not get tower speakers because i store in my garage and the cans get too heavy to lift and store folded. so we rely on the regular setup.

First I have to admit that I have a very nice 1975 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes and have owned and maintained it for 22 years. So with that being said my right arm is what is used to maintain the speed through the course when I pull my wife. So the standard crusie control will be more than I have ever owned. OK now second issue, stereo, I tell so many people that when you own a boat that only has a Glove box for storage and an engine that pulls you but absolutely nothing else in the boat then a Moomba far exceeds our dreams! Since we have no stereo now I see no reason to spend any money on this option and I will never know it was available nor will i miss it. I am looking at getting an Outback V with solid color hull, teak deck (because that is what a ski boat is supposed to have) water strainer, bimini because we live in Florida, appearance package, tower, gravity one and a cover. And because the boat show is THIS saturday yes I am so excited as are my wife and 2 kids!

I have the logo cover for my boat but I never use it. It sits in the garage all summer. I have a Shore Station with a top on it so there is no need to cover.

The Easy Cruise option will not hold speed in turns like Perfect Pass. EC work ok if your running straight . I personally prefer driving the boat instead of letting it drive me.

zeg, I used to think the same thing about the ski platform. Teak was the only way to fly, but now that I've had the fiberglass platform I'll never go back. I like not having to oil and maintain the teak. The fiberglass is actually very durable. A little touch up along the edges with the buffer at the end of the season and you'd never know there was ever a ski on it.
    2008 Outback
    325 EFI
    Gravity 1 Ballast and Multi Sport Wake Plate
    Rad-a-cage
    OJ 4 Blade 13x13 Prop
    5 Seasons pulling the Ski Team and still going strong!

Yeah I want to have the throttle in my hand, I am not sure when or why I would ever use a cruise control.
    I live on a Lake that I can build a boat lift (we don't have to remove anything as it doesn't freeze here) however we are not allowed to close in the lift. This means I will have a very tall lift to compensate for a tower. I really don't want to block my view of the lake or deal with the permits. So I have been checking out the railroads for the boats, that way I can put it in my yard and build what I want around it. To be honest I have a concrete ramp in my yard but I like having the boat at the dock so I can get in it and go as I wish. That would be a nice bed for the railroad!!! And you are right, it will take time to remove a cover and put it back on, we only cover our boat now during the winter never during the summer and it has been fine. I can't image that a black cover over it sitting in the sun is going to be much better?