Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Start hijack
    RBC I'm getting ready to build some amp racks exactly like yours. You have any more pics of the install. and how did you attach them. I see the holes on top to screw into the hull backing but how did you attach to the bottom? Sorry for the hijack Thanks
    End hijack.
    Nice boat should make someone really happy!

Sweet boat - if I was closer I'd look into it!

I'll jump in on this hijack!
    Check out this link for details on my amp racks - very similar to what he has done. I epoxied blocks to the hull. At first, these blocks contained mounting posts (as pictured). I later removed the posts and just use screws through the amp rack once it's in place.

Good luck with the boat sale!
    07 Supra 21v

To mount My amp racks I went with what atlanta marine suggested. I used a piece of king starboard(the plastic "wood" the boat is built out of) and attached that to the back of the amp rack. I then simply removed a cpl of the stainless rubrail screws and replaced them with screws that were 1/2 inch longer. You could already see the screws from the inside of the boat and the way they build the boats they end up having 1 screw every inch and a half under the rub rail anyway. So in the end the screw through the rubrail secure the amp rack and I used a small 90 degree bracket on the bottom but the weight alone is enough to keep them in place. I ran the setup all last year with zero problems.

[/img]

Great ideas! thanks Burke and RBC. Burke that was what I was planning on doing with mine but I saw the way rbc had his set up and was curious how he attatched them w/o glueing them. rbc I did the same thing in an insall for one of my buddies, with the angle at the bottom. Works great!

I can't wait to finish mine! Is been 3 weeks now waiting on SC for carpet Hope to get it done soon.

Thanks again!