Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    C-Bus Oh/Lake Cumberland-Grider Hill Dock Ky

Default 2006 Mobius LSV Thouhgts & Questions after 2 Years Use

We love our boat and have approx 175hrs on it in 2 years. The dealer, Lakota Watersports in Cinncinnati and SC have been very helpful as well.

Some questions and comments for fellow Moomba Owners, 2006 Mobius LSV:

Cooler Plug. We did not get one that fits the hole in the built in cooler. Did everyone else get one? The one that came with did not fit hole, dealer said it may be the plug for the center locker, but I don't see use for it there and it doesn't fit there either. Haven't been too worried about it, just wondering what everyone else got and if there is suppose to be one.

Anyone else have hydraulic wake plate fluid leak into bilge? Dealer fixed leak but I still haven't got all fluid cleaned out. Under gas tank too hard to get to. Eventually after cleaning multiple times should be gone I guess. It keeps coming into the center ski locker area.

No center bilge drain plug? Only drain plug is rear and it doesn't seem get all the water out. My old Ski supreme had both a center drain plug and a rear, much easier to get all water out when on the trailer.

Spring in glove box. Anyone replace the spring with an arm? If so what size and did you have to drill new holes?

PP. Does PP show water temp? Thought I saw this on a thread and have never seen it on mine. Also have not figured out saving rider settings yet, I guess it does that too.

Wakesurfing. Thinking of getting bigger rear ballast bags so I can get better surf wake on left-foot-forward side. Guess there are 700# bags available out there, but don't know if fiitings will match factory or not? With just wife and 2 younger kids in boat the factory back ballast aren't enough on port side (driver's weight can't be moved) when you compare wake to loading up with bunch of people on that side.

Center Ballast is definitely as full as possible from factory? The factory bag is way too big for the locker, it pushes open the door when gets too full. Think would have a bag that fit the spot from the factory or went farther forward to get enough weight in there while keeping the door closed.

Handling. When turning to the right at around 24 mph the boat seems to dig in and hook hard to the right. It feels like the back driver's side of the boat goes down too. It is not as smooth nor stays as flat (side to side) as the left hand turn at the same speed. Saw on a thread that filling center bag stopped prop from captivating, will have to try that for this issue. I always try to even out the weight using the back ballast bags, but people tend to move around.

Watch who you let drive your boat. I had mother-in-law do one of her patented "power turns" and the prop captivated (came out of the water). It freaked me out. We were loaded up with people, most in the back with ballast, we were air-chairing with the wakeplate all the way up, so that was probably the issue. Ski Notquite DD Owners just don't understand the difference in the configuration of a wakeboard boat to a static hull ski boat where they cannot change how the boat handles. It's funny how much they want to drive my boat compared to how much they've ever let me drive their boat.

Rear Storage Compartment lids. Bolts come loose and won't stay in up position at all, tightened bolts but the lids still crack me in the head sometimes when digging for gear. Anyone had this or found a good easy solution?

The Heater is the most talked about feature on the boat especailly for using the boat earlier and later in the season and for those night cruises. It is well worth getting, I'm glad my dealer talked me into it.

The docking lights are great for night cruising as well. Don't have to have the Q-Beam blinding everyone as much when the "head lights" are on.

Will factory wakeboard racks hold wakesurf Boards? Specifically Hyperlite Broadcast and Phase 5 Wakesurf Boards? Having a hard time finding aftermarket racks that will hold 2 Wakesurf Boards. I got, as a gift, the Skylon Bat Racks that hold 2 Wakeboards. I didn't think I would like them but once installed I do like them and now can add their swivel feature if I want too. Not as expensive as the dealers swivel rack option from Roswell and should get the job done.

Did they move the Tower Speakers/Light Bar Assembly forward on the tower in 2007 or 2008 models? I can't tell you how many times people have cracked their heads on the tower speakers boarding the boat or coming in off back sunpad.

We are now known for having the fun "party barge" out of the group at the lake that can hold everyone and supply the music, storage and wakes for a great time air chairing, wakesurfing, wakeboarding or night cruising. We use others hard core DD slalom boats for the course, when we or the kids rarely run the course, but LSV has good open water wakes for my wife and I to slalom and can still run the course if we want.

Any other 2006 Mobius LSV Owners, your comments or shared experiences are welcomed... Thanks, KarMob

periodically squirt some dish soap in the bilge and let it slosh around witha little water.. that will help break up the hyd fluid..

PP.. I too have an '06 LSV and had the same question:
    https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.p...056&highlight=
    I went and checked mine at storage last weeknd.. WORKS

Fat Sacs for Surfing: Get this sac
    Pro X Series Fat Sac™ - W707
    dimensions: 50 x 20 x 20 weight: 750 lbs. / 340 kg.
    Fits Perfectly in 06 LSV.. I never fill it full for wakeboarding, but fill one side up and is great for surfing...

Center Ballast sac.. burp it.. make sure you get the air out.

My LF Venture surfboard will not fit in Moomba racks.. Looking for a rack myself.. looking at DIYWake.com 's rack

Ride safe..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Thx 04Outback.

I bet I have the Water Temp too on PP and just did not know it for the last 2 years. PP is so difficult to use I am lucky to get it set for my wife to pull me let alone use the other options. Your threads really helps.

I'm going to get the 750# sacs before our first trip down to the lake. Do they come so that I can just attach them or do I have to request adapters or something so that my current hoses and fittings for the pump from factory will work?

I was looking at the 2008 Model pics of the LSV and my speakers stick out behind the tower way more than they do now on the '08s. The whole setup looks smaller now. My boat's not here but from pics I have of it, it looks like the speaker/lights bracket just clamps on the top bar of the tower. So I am going to try to move them to the front top bar of the tower so they do not protrude out behind the tower as much. Now they are attached to the back top bar. Do you have the tower speakers? IF so how are they?

Do you still have the spring in your glove box?

I'll go to the boat shows and check out the 2008 and talk to my dealer. It is always a good winter thing to do since I can't boat for 4 more months!

Thanks for your input. Can't wait for April 18, 2008, our first trip back to the lake!

05 LSV (the little model – now the Outback V)

Never used the cooler plug. I use the cooler as a dry box.

No plate leaks.

Wet vac at the end of the year, otherwise not enough water to worry.

I like the popping center sack. It reminds me to shut of the pump

I have the spring on the glove box, it works but is not the coolest design feature.

Water temp. Yes but I could only find it once – the fishing boat has temp and I use that. Other than that I find PP very easy and love it.

Power turning a V drive is IMHO – bad. I have a friend that does it – in his boat.

I got a Tsunami pump & twin sacks. The heck with all the other plumbing.

Handling – I’ve never had an issue and we yank & bank tubes a lot. Center bag trick works for cavitation.

No trouble rear doors. I yell at the kids a lot to stop hanging on them. Stock racks and speakers. Racks will not take a surfboard, what you want is the new “hard top” bimini – it will hold two kneeboards and a surf board.

I remain very happy with my boat.

I have hit my head before... know what you mean.. The '08s seem to have a different light/speaker bar than the Roswell I have on my '06.. It does set back a little...

My spring is still intact... it came unglued on my '04 Outback though and I glued it.. I do know the '08s have a different style of spring.

I think you have to order the fittings separately...as they have several options. The staff at Fly High Fat Sacs are great.. they respond to emails quickly and are accessible by phone.. Call them and tell them what boat you have and they'll tell you what fittings you need. They supply the factory sacs and fittings so they know... I think you just need 2 Flow Rite to quick connect fittings (W736)
    They switched to 400lb sacs for '07.. They fit great too, but if you want to surf, it is pretty solid with 2-3 in the boat with 750 full!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

All these "problems" I have listed are very minor and mostly incnveniences. They are mainly just comments I was wondering if others thought the same.

We were able to get everything we wanted in a boat, a v-drive with wrap around seating, a great EFI Engine, ballast, wakeshaping device (wakeplate), tower, open bow, plenty of room and storage in a great looking boat for less than $40k. Again, we love our boat and are very happy with our choice!

That's true about center sac-it is a good reminder.

It would be nice to have gauges for the ballast but I guess we have to be careful what we wish for. If Moomba added every little thing someone requested the boats would cost $20k more like all the other Brands.

I did figure out that my speaker/light bar was attached to the wrong tower cross member from the factory. I found pictures of the 2006 LSV, from a SC Brochure on the web, with the tower speakers and they are attached to the front tower bar and sit more under the rack than mine that are attached to the back top tower bar and protrude out much more. Looks to be an easy fix-unclamp and move the assembly to front top cross bar. Probably will have to buff the back bar where they have been clamped for the last 2 years. No one would have ever noticed this, and haven't over the past 2 years, except for me being bored in the winter and wanting to talk about boats. Will see first trip down if I can move it.

SD2, how much is the new hard top bimini? I've seen them and they look really nice. They were not available for my '06 when I ordered it. My only concern is that in cooler months I like to go without the bimini. The hard top would end up being pretty permanent, I'm sure it is not that easy to take off. I saw Matt and the guys wrestling one when I stopped by last year. From what I remember they are pretty expensive after the fact. The black hard top bimini would look great on my boat though...decisions, decisions. If anyone finds a good 2 Board Wakesurf rack, let me know. I'll probably end up doing both as the kids collect more gear.

I'll contact Fly High when I order the new 750# sacs. Thanks for the part number on the fittings.

Thanks for all the help. Enjoy!
    Black & Tan 2006 Mobius LSV

Default z bimini

I want to say that I saw the cost for this cargo bimini at 1500+ dollars on the boat builder!

Yes that is what I thought. I remember asking the dealer when I first saw it and it being quite expensive. Maybe if my current bimini ever needs repalced, but I don't think the wife would go for that one.

Wish Skylon would come out with a Wakesurf rack that holds 2 boards instead of their current one that just holds 1 board.

check into Dbot5 racks, I got one and love it holds 2 boards and a surf board if you get the extra arm attachment

Thanks, I did here of Dbot5. Nice looking racks..ha,ha.

I e-mailed Dbot5 to see if they had a rack that would hold 2 Wakesurf boards, but they don't. I don't needack that will hold 2 wakeboards and 1 wakesurf.

I'll keep looking, waiting. I've got 4 months until first lake trip, who knows what will come out by then?

Pregame is about to start here in C-Bus...Go Bucks!!!