Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    C-Bus Oh/Lake Cumberland-Grider Hill Dock Ky

Thanks for the info Joe. I'll try to keep her off the wheel. They have always had DD hard core slalom boats. My first boat before the LSV was a 1983 Ski Supreme. Narrow, short no room inboards, but it handled like a beast-definitely not the same as the LSV.

Thanks again for the info and I'll forward it on to anyone who thinks they are going to drive it.
    Black & Tan 2006 Mobius LSV

Good Find on the Dbot5 Rack. they are on sale for $199..
    Gave me something to do here in the hospital.. Got me one on order!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I couldn't believe it when I saw the Dboy5 racks that hold 2, I had been to theirs site and did not see a 2 board rack before.

I e-mailed Skylon to see if they are coming out with a 2 board wake surf rack soon. I'd rather have one that matched my current wakeboard rack.

I'll see if they get back to me and what they have to say before ordering the Dbot5.

Hope your wife gets to go home soon, great to hear she is doing so well!

Also purchased my 06 Moomba LSV from Lakota. I had various issues with my boat such as bad ballast pump and a speedo guage and depth finder had to be replaced within a year. All in all, nothing major and the Lakota guys took care of everything. My nephew bought a 06 Malibu at the same time and has had the same number if not more issues. In fact, has been stuck in the middle of the lake twice because it wouldn't start. (p.s. Don't get on the tube after a owner of a 60K boat finally gets it started. )

Looks like the string covered most of your questions concerns.

Someone mentioned the packing leaking. Note that the 07 have a new setup that doesn't use rope packing. The 06 can be upgraded. Also the 07 has larger ballast bags. Dang it!!!

Major issue I have had was a leak in the gas tank that was noticed when I had PP added. Lucky to catch that one.

Oh, and one more thing...O-H

We are still waiting for our 08 LSV to arrive. I appreciate your honesty in your post. This is our 1st inboard so I'm not really sure what to expect, either way I can'y wait!!
    Live for the moment, for the moment is short !!

I-O

I agree on the 07 updates, I may do some them myself. I always had trouble with my 83 Ski Supreme Packing-getting it to drip the correct amount and now wish I had gone with th dripless packing option on mu 06 LSV. I miss the center of hull drain plug my old boat had.

I'm putting the 750 lb ballast bags in the back for wakesurfing first thing this spring. Plan on getting stainless cupholders (cheap upgrade), moving the speaker/light bar to the correct position (front top crossbar) to save head aches.

I visited Matt and Gorge at the C-Bus Boat show to check out the 08 model. Matt said he could get the parts cheaper for me to do whatever upgrades I wanted so I'm sure I'll talk to him some time this spring. They are great to work with once you are one of their customers. I know Matt will probably read this thread..Hi Matt!

If you are ever near Grider Hill on LC look us up. We are 700 row, usually have HB out in cove in midle fork or west. HB-Family Fun Time Dam It! Go Bucks! Kevin

Default Tower Speakers

Did you ever look inot moving your tower speakers? If so, was it difficult? Mine are also mounted on the rear tower bar and people are always hitting their heads on them.

I looked at it this weekend, but did not get it done. Had to install wakeboard rack and Wake Surf Rack first- that's about the same project-clamping stuff to the tower. It is just 2 clamps so should not be hard. The wires come from the front bar so that won't be an issue-will just have to tuck extra wiring back into tower bar. Dealer recommended getting the rubber sleeves to put between rack bar and clamp like SC started doing on the current models, he said, so I may get those from him before I move them. I'll let you know when I'm done how it went but it doesn't appear to be that difficult. Will need help holding up the speaker/light bar while I unclamp so may take a few extra hands that I didn't have this weekend. My fear is the condition of the tower bar where they have been clamped for the past 3 years. I hope it doesn't look too bad but an SOS pad may help touch that up I imagine.

Enjoy!

I still use a Q-beam to locate shoal markers. In South Carolina it is illegal to operate the boat at night with docking lights constantly on. Which this law is violated by every pontoon on the water it seems. I got docking lights on my new boat simply to irritate friends of mine, who are irritated by the clueless on our lake at night.
    I mess with Texas

hey KarMobLSV06 -

what did you end up using as spacers between the clamps and the tower bars of your tower? i'm facing that issue very soon. thanks!