OK, so it took 23 months for the $550 moomba logo cover (tie down version) to rip into shreds. I'm now in the market for a replacement. Lots of possibilities.

My first is a polyester top at about $300 - 3 year warranty. These are the high-quality semi-custom versions found on boatcovers.com , etc. Top of the line for them. They sell lots, and I am more than happy with the price and the warranty and feel secure in the material, but I read that it is so non-porus that it does not breath and in my central Florida climate the boat may mildew even more than it does now.

The alternative is an Acrylic top (Outdura, Sunbrella, etc) Amazing lifespan and durability, but a bit tougher to handle, and twice as expensive. $600 ish. I'm not going to get a canvas top again, that is a waste of $. I do use the cover cover (the $50 walmart silver top that reflects the RF, UV and water even more) I may not have to with the new one, but I probably will so is that making it so that it can't "breath" and I might as well get the poly top ?

Also do the semi-custom tops get close enough to look right, or do I need to get one custom made no matter what ?

Any ideas, help, info ???

Thanks,

Joe