Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FI Upgrade

And we are not trading in our MasterCraft because it has a carburator. We want a new V drive that allows us to take more than 4 people along for the ride! And they all come with FI now so I am happy on that note. And the best Value I have seen for MY dollar is a Moomba!!!!
    Come on Jan. Boat show!!!!!

Hope to get a 'V' myself, one of these days. The Missus says I got to make due w/ the Outback fer now. I'm ok with that.

B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Fuel Injection is the only way to go IMHO. Better fuel efficiency, more power, better throttle response and no more waiting 20 minutes for that damned engine to warm up.

FYI - the 325 Indmar is a monster........especially in the Outback. Big power and torque in a light boat means big thrills. I drove a 206 Nautique this summer and my Outback was noticable quicker from the hole shot all the way thru to WOT. And the 206 cost 15000.00 more
    2008 Outback
    325 EFI
    Gravity 1 Ballast and Multi Sport Wake Plate
    Rad-a-cage
    OJ 4 Blade 13x13 Prop
    5 Seasons pulling the Ski Team and still going strong!

Sled491 Guest

Your right MM. I remember when we had 225 hp in an old Nautique. We thought that was just awsum power. The 325HP in the outback is light years ahead. I know every one calls these boats entry level and cheap, but except for a few trim items I don't see many better ski boats on the water. 325hp is 325hp. I've driven 24ft Supras and have friends on the lake with Mastercrafts, Ski Sannger, Nautiques, show how there boats are better than mine and I'll give you a cookie

In fact my buddy with the Ski Sanger drools over my boat every time we tie up together

Quote Originally Posted by sled491
    .... remember when we had 225 hp in an old Nautique we thought that was just awsum ......
    The extra 100 hp in yer Moomba prolly doesn't hurt either

B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

We were able to test drive an Outback V this summer for over an hour and it was nice and quick, yes we fell in love. BUT! It was not as fast as our Old MC out of the hole. We bought this 1975 MC from a guy who did some kind of engine work to it, cam and Aluminum Marine Headers. We have actually never lost a drag race in the boat (Made some new MC owners red faced when that old thing left them). Which would explain why I dislocated my middle finger the first time I got behind the boat and I told my wife to HIT IT! (We came from a 19ft. 115Hp boat where you floored it to get up. WOT, PIN) I also have to guess that this boat only weights about 2000lbs as there is nothing to it a hull with a motor and with the only storage being the glove box. I am sure it is not pushing near 300hp but being 1000lbs lighter does wonders.

zegm, the V drives don't have the hole shot the direct drives do.............I don't care what anyone says. I've driven and skied behind both...........the DD hauls me out faster hands down. Something about that rear engine design sucks some of the power out of them.

I remember those days sled491, when 200 hp made you the big dog on the porch Not anymore!!

I ran head-to-head with my 07 Outback last year against an 07 206 Nautique and a 05 206 Nautique almost every weekend during ski shows. The Nautiques at certainly nice boats and as a previous Nautique owner I'll never bad mouth them. However, the Outback will do EVERYTHING the Nautiques do for 15000.00 - 20000.00 less. I personally think the fit and finish is just as good on the Outback and the Outback has more room on the inside due to its additional width. The extra width also makes it more stable in rough water. And most importantly, the Outback doesn't have those pathetic quiet exhaust.............I like my boat to growl a little
    2008 Outback
    325 EFI
    Gravity 1 Ballast and Multi Sport Wake Plate
    Rad-a-cage
    OJ 4 Blade 13x13 Prop
    5 Seasons pulling the Ski Team and still going strong!

Ditto MasterMind..
    Moved from 04 Outback DD with 310hp to 06 Mobius LSV with 325Hp in September...
    Mobius even has 4blade wake prop.. definite difference in hole shot.. NO Shortage of power... just not as spry out of the hole! The outback was a blast to run around in .. the day I sold it was a SLICK Calm day and we rode around for the test drive.. just a blast to ride! Of course, Outback DD weighs a bit less than LSV! Love them both... love my LSV Better!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

OK so I can't be the fastest DD on the lake anymore but I sure will look nice in a New Pretty V drive. Not only will I have room for the pretty wife but with a V drive I can carry along some other babes like the other guys I see on this site. But please don't alert the wife to my ulterior motive!

Sled491 Guest

So....ah, what's it worth to ya