Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where's everyones amp mounted?

Looking around the boat to see where i going to mount my amps. Looking at making a panel that goes straight across behind the battery. Pics would help if anyone would like to contribute

That's where mine is mounted. Right behind the observer's seat on the raised panel
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

07 LSV.... factory amp mounted on the raised panel too.

Default Mine is there too.

Mine is there too...attached to the vertical wall just inside the storage area. Mine is on the LEFT side (when looking in) But it is not factory. I LOVE the look though. I also cut my own hole for the subwoofer under my feet. It is JL Audio Gear....the best there is. The 6 Channel one.

"It is JL Audio Gear....the best there is. The 6 Channel one"

lol at the best there is.... there is way better out there... especially when you are speaking about their e series or marine crap....

Sled491 Guest

Shaluj,

Are you saying you cut a hole in the floor under your counsel? Or do you have some kind of sub floor you mounted in?

Default .

I put the sub at my feet right below the steering wheel. The floor is very very thick there so nothing else needed for support. I just traced it on the carpet and drilled a pilot hole, then used a jig saw. Piece of cake.

As for the AMP, the 6 channel amp A6450M is what I own and it sounds spectacular. It is the marine version. Clear and LOUD - and clear (again) of course. I demo'd others but for the money and the clarity and the tuning capability....nothing else came close for the money.

I was considering getting the wetsounds speakers but the new ones for the interior were not out when i needed them. I have JL Audio marine speakers.

As someone who has lots of great sounding stereos and speakers and cars with aftermarket gear, if I had to put in new stuff in my boat, I would order exactly what I have. My deck is also not factory.
    The only thing I need is a bluetooth piece added to it and the remote piece near the throttle. Next spring since I've got no time right now.

Sled491 Guest

Thanks for the info, I of course have a smaller boat, but I like the idea, I'm going to have to see if I can get that to work

Amp??? I know I am really getting old when mounting an amp in a boat is an issue. I go out to water ski, knee board and wake board. Plus my 7 and 10 year old could really care less about loud music. Man I thought I was old when I finally decided to buy a wakeboard, now I have to worry about an amp!! Has anyone out there gone throught the course playing music? Does it help? I guess I should try it maybe i can get that last bouy!

Sled491 Guest

Maybe not the course, but nothing beats a early saturday morning set on open water with the tunes cranked waking up the neighbours