Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Shows

Default Boat Shows

My wife and I are going to the Atlanta Boat Show and will mostly likely order a new Outback V with the options we desire. I saw in an earlier post where a deposit gets the dealer a production slot at the factory. I am not in a hurry to ski in Jan. but I am wondering how long it takes to get the boat after it is ordered? This will give me time to clean up and sell the old MasterCraft before the season starts.

Default Boat

I am in the same situation you are and will be buying a V at the show also this coming January. I have been told to expect to see the boat in April or May if I order it in late Jan at the show.

bambam 26 Are you traveling all the way to the Atlanta boat show to order the boat or are you talking about another show? April or May would be great as my wife has been wanting to wait until then to get a boat, this will make us both happy. We visited Atlanta Marine in July and they are fantastic people. Lisa the owner even drove her vehicle to the boat ramp and waited for about an hour while my wife and I test drove the boat. We have a very old MasterCraft and they both felt very similiar which was good, but the amount of room in that V is incredible, at least to us! With 2 kids now on skis and our friends and their kids the old inboard just won't do.

Default show

zegm, No I am in the Seattle area. I am not sure when your show is but my dealer made it sound like it would take 3-4 months after the order for it to arrive. When is your show? And what do you want to get as options for your boat? I am curious since I have never owned a boat so I was wondering what your going to have as options? I am going to get the wakeplate, tower, heater, spare trailer tire, Stereo and the appearance package. Not really sure if I need the wake plate? Anyways I would love to know what you end up getting and what the dealer throws in for you as well as Moomba. Bambam

At the January '07 Chicago boat show we ordered an Outback and put down 10% of the price. It arrived at the dealer in March, way ahead of the expected May delivery date.

Advice:

Go with a budget.
    Be agreed on the boat's primary use (ski, wakeboard, party).
    Take a wish list and give the dealer an opportunity to negotiate.
    Take your time thinking about colors and options.
    Never, ever buy on the first day. Leave, think things through, and go back another day to complete the deal.
    Get everything in writing and carefully go over the details on paper.
    Don't be in a rush.

Put our boat away this afternoon for the winter. Looking forward to next year and another great season.

bambam,

We are going to the Atlanta Boat show in mid Jan. My wife and I have been water skiing for 25+ years. We have a 1975 MasterCraft that we have always maintained. It is sitting at the dock in the back yard now, but now that we have kids (7 & 10) they are bringing friends and parents and the old boat has NO room. It is a GREAT slalom course boat because it has NO wake. Well we decided to join the youth movement too and try wakeboarding this summer but again there is no wake behind this boat. It was fun but there was no way to get any air. We test drove a Outback this summer and it Had the wake plate and I was shocked the difference the wake plate made, we can ski or wakeboard. You must get it if you desire a wake, if you are just into skiing then it is not needed. We will get the wake plate, tower and the gravity package and believe it or not a Teak deck. Our MasterCraft has the teak deck and after 30 years and it is still beautiful. The amount of room in the boat shocked us, we should now be able to enjoy our friends company and ski! I always like MasterCraft but I don't believe in paying for a name.

bambam,

We are going to the Atlanta Boat show in mid Jan. My wife and I have been water skiing for 25+ years. We have a 1975 MasterCraft that we have always maintained. It is sitting at the dock in the back yard now, but now that we have kids (7 & 10) they are bringing friends and parents and the old boat has NO room. It is a GREAT slalom boat but has NO wake either. Well we decided to join the youth movement too and try wakeboarding this summer but again there is no wake behind this boat. It was fun but there was no way to get any air. We test drove a Outback this summer and it Had the wake plate and I was shocked the difference the wake plate made. You must get it if you desire a wake, if you are just into skiing then it is not needed. We will get the wake plate, tower and the gravity package and believe it or not a Teak deck. Our MasterCraft has the teak after 30 years and it is still beautiful. The amount of room in the boat shocked us, we should now be able to enjoy our friends company and ski!

Default Boat

I have been researching for several months now and I have come to like the V versus the outback. I think after reading past post the wake plate sounds like a must. I am going to try the youth movement also this coming year, I just hope I dont break my ole body! Let me know what you end up paying and getting for your money. Are boat show is at the end of Jan into Feb. I too will keep you informed on what I get......Thanks

BAMBAM,
    Wakeplate is quite beneficial for wake shaping... but also important for ride comfort while cruising. You will need it on V-drives due to weight at rear of boat.. boat will porpoise at higher speeds without wakeplate.

Good luck and enjoy.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Default incentives

Has anyone seen the incentives program for the Winter Season/Boat shows?