Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vacation Home

Sled491 Guest

Didn't matter to them, they we just happy to be out. I have a picture of my oldest son when he was just around 2 months old out in our last boat. It was the end of March, the lakes opened up early that year. And your right, there's just something about the water!

My son is 10 and my daughter is 7. They both kneeboard, my son wakeboards and slaloms and my daughter is on pairs. They love the water. If the price of fuel wasn't so high I would be out in the Gulf more often but with a pair of Evinrude Ficht 150s I usually have to spend 150 dollars to take the big boat out for A day. So most of the time we are waterskiing. The old MC doesn't use much fuel, we can easily ski all weekend on on tank. I am now looking for a youth slalom, my son is using a pairs ski for slalom but the tail is too wide and he is wiping out trying to turn too hard. We take him between the course bouys and the boat bouys as this makes a nice a begginer course. I called Obrien as they seem to have the only youth slalom but they discontinued the 59" length and only offer a 62". I think that is too long for him right now but he might get it for Christmas. Do you know of any youth slalom skis?

Sled491 Guest

Go to the skiing section, we had a whole thing going this summer about it. In fact I ended up getting a HO Judge for my 7 year old. I believe it is a 59 and we got a size 3 highwrap and RTP. We got it from Wileys, great guys to deal with. I want to say between 200 and 300 bucks shipped.

Well since I am on the computer now I will go to Wileys website and see what they offer. Thanks! Where is Florida were you this summer?

Oh by the way, anyone interested in a very good condition 1975 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes??? She is exceptionally fast out of the hole (no weight) and there is no such thing as a wake to cross (again no weight)! She has been kept up very well, we even have a new drive shaft which incidentally if that guy in the pretty red Moomba Outback hadn't come to our help to give us a tow to the ramp that day I would have never known how nice these Moomba boats are. It is his fault my wife is demanding a Moomba! If there was room in it for more than 3 people I would keep her!

Sled491 Guest

I was in orlando, I skied at the the OWP which has a cable park and had small ski area with a couple of Nautiques. I would go to West Palm on the weekends for diving and my second favorite hobby Lobster Hunting.

oh yea, Bug hunts, I used to love kelp diving in CA at night. Warm water must be wonderful

Sled491 Guest

Yeah, that CA diving 7mils even in summer, I much prefer the 1/2 mil type diving

mils??? we had 87 degree water this summer, I think the lake behind my house is probably in the low 70's now! Trouble is you get used to it being warm and its WAY to cold now for swimming!

Trouble is you get used to it being warm and its WAY to cold now for swimming

You guys are so spoiled... It never gets too cold for swimming there..