Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Noisy when pulling a boarder

In my 06 LSV, the transimission/vdrive it overly noisy when pulling up a boarder. Especially when their is a lot of weight in the boat and/or the ballast are full. My buddy's 07 LSV, is much quieter. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Check the fluid levels? or do you need to replace the fluid?
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

I too experience what you are talking about.. I have checked my fluids...
    I suspect it may have to do with motor alignment.. let me know if you figure something out.
    BW
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I checked the fluids, but everything looks ok. Not sure what else to try. Thanks for your suggestion.

What prop are you guys running on your LSV's? Suprisingly I've noticed a huge difference in sound from the stock prop to the wakeboard prop. I think there's something about the angle of the wash hitting the boat or something of the sort. It almost sounds like something is going on at the engine/transmission but its not. It gets worse the more ballast and is at is worst when fully accelerating right after you put it in gear. It seems to clear up before you get to wakeboarding speed. I got used to it after a while.

I have Factory upgrade wakeboard prop. I hope that is all it is.. The guy I bought it from said his buddies '07 LSV did the same thing. I was afraid it was something else like engine/shaft alignment.
    Thanks Jon.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I think Jon is right on the money. I switched to a wakeboard prop this year and have the same symptoms as Jon described. I couldn't convince myself that a prop could cause the noise, but now I feel better about it. Thanks Jon. I personally have not seen much performance difference using the wakeboard prop, except lower top end. I may go back to the stock prop next summer. Thoughts?

Default could it be the wakeplate?

I have no idea, I don't even have a wakeplate on my boat, but another poster mentioned his boat was much noiser with the wakeplate up because he thought it directed the exhuast up into the swim platform instead of down into the water. When boarding, maybe you have your wakeplate up and it is noiser? I have no idea, but worth a thought. I can't imagine why it would get noiser from a 325 hp engine pulling a wakeboarder.

To offer some perspective, my 2006 LSV with the 325 HP Indmar Assault does not produce any more drivetrain noise when pulling up wakeboarders, skiers, tubers, or surfers, regardless of the position of the wakeplate or amount of water in the ballasts or people in the boat than with a light load, at least not that I have noticed. I have the stock 4 blade prop and Gravity III ballast (950lbs).

However, there is definitely more drivetrain noise when operating in reverse which the dealer said is normal. Does everyone's boat do the same thing?

(Sorry to hijack the thread)

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yes, every inboard (V Drive or DD) I've ever been in makes a whining sound when in reverse. I was concerned at first, but I've probably been in a half dozen this past year, and they all make the same sound.